any ideas for work from home jobs?

Sun 18 Jan, 2009 04:18 am
I obviously can't work with anyone without losing my temper, not yet anyway. Maybe someday I could work somewhere. Even at the job I didn't get canned from, I had an arguement w/ a coworker over putting hangers away. I prolly woulda gotten canned if mgmt knew (especially after I said he's responsible for being a pain in my ass.) Anyway, what are some work from home jobs that either requires something higher than a high school diploma or only requires a GED?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 17 • Views: 6,009 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed

Montana

Sun 18 Jan, 2009 04:35 am
Hey there girl. I hate to tell you this, but I was interested in doing the same thing a few years back and even think I started a thread about it, but after doing endless research and talking with people here about it, I found that there really wasn't much out there. Not enough to make a living anyway.
Eventually there will be more on line jobs available, as it's much cheaper for employers to have people work from their homes. It saves them a ton of $ on supplying office space, heat, electric, etc..., but that time is coming slowly.
Some companies already do this, but you usually have to work in the company for a while before they go that route.

I wish you the best of luck in your next job, whatever it may be and hope you can work through the anger issues.

It may help if you found a job outside of customer service where you wouldn't have to cope with the stress of dealing with customers. I don't like working with customers, which is why I do production work.
dirrtydozen22

Sun 18 Jan, 2009 04:57 am
@Montana,
It's not really the customers. It's coworkers I can't stand. I know most of the time I'm the problem and not them, but that ddin't change the fact that when I'm pissed either at them or other stuff, they were there only to serve as my verbal "punching bag." Don't get me wrong, I actually had friends among coworkers. Even the one I verbally assaulted I used to get along with. But once I'm triggered (mostly irrationally), **** happens. Therefore, production, well... Hell, maybe I'm crazy.
lol I actually love working with customers. Even the rude ones can't piss me off bc I knew I'll either never see them again or only see them sporadically. Weird ones are funny. Some normal ones were acrtually satisfied with me helping them find merchandise they desperately need. Even on Black Friday I like getting "bothered" every 5 seconds. The only one who I didn't like (understatement) is the one who reported me to mgmt for physically assaulting the poles.
Currently, I could only take jobs w/ reduced hours so there's less chance for me to flip. That's prolly part of the reason I lasted a year at my last job lol.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Sun 18 Jan, 2009 08:16 am
@dirrtydozen22,
Become a writer?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:28 am
I have no idea what skills you can market but here are some places where you can do so:

http://www.guru.com/
http://www.elance.com/
http://getafreelancer.com/
0 Replies

roger

Fri 14 Nov, 2014 06:57 pm
Can you get paid for spamming across the net?
OmSigDAVID

Sat 15 Nov, 2014 12:40 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Can you get paid for spamming across the net?
I don t imagine thay do it for free.
0 Replies

meerakannan

Wed 26 Nov, 2014 10:38 pm
Some work at home jobs,
. Website content writer
. Web designer
. Online teacher
. Interior designer
. Copywriter
0 Replies

damiansmith1986

Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:17 am
@dirrtydozen22,
You can choose freelancing from home. this is the only best way to work from home. I am also doing the same. It depends on your skill sets what field you will prefer.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Mon 8 Dec, 2014 06:27 am
I'm thinking of selling my body from home.

I've already had an offer for my left leg.
0 Replies

Iouman

Wed 22 Feb, 2017 12:16 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
I work from home thru my company. It's great, I get a 6 figure salary, and bonuses because I'm not stuck in traffic and get more work done. Sadly it's coming to an end soon because my company merged with another one and they don't believe in remote working. I love it though. I got to do all my work, my housework, could watch TV, listen to the radio, and I was much more productive both at home and at work. Plus I saved a lot of gas money too.

It does require self discipline though.
0 Replies