Will people be frozen in the future?

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:16 pm
I read an article about people being frozen in the future, something like "crymogenics" or "krywamentic".... I don't know... can't remember the term, but what is your opinion of this exciting new science?

I believe if man (or woman) is frozen it will create an exciting and challenging future. One that will thrust us beyond the stars!

Very seldom do I get this serious about something, but this really does excite me and I would like to hear the varied opinions of the A2K populace on this matter.

Oh....yeah.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 20 • Views: 3,605 • Replies: 64

Francis

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:21 pm
Why should some people get frozen?

There's enough frikkin' frigid people!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:24 pm
Please, Francis, can we be serious for once?
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:25 pm
hell people in my neighbourhood are frozen already
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:48 pm
I have read that Walt Disney had himself frozen. Read elsewhere its a myth. Anyway, the notion goes back a few decades at least.
parados

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:51 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Don't worry about people freezing, gus. Global warming will stop it from happening.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:52 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
If it can make you appreciate better the underlying beauty of human quintessence, why not?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 01:54 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Quote:
Will people be frozen in the future?

If half of what I read is correct about 3,000,000 demokkkrats are likely to get frozen around next Tuesday evening.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:02 pm
People were frozen in the past....

http://www.crystalinks.com/otzi_ice1.jpg

This brought Otzi (as he is now known) great fame 5,000 years after his freezing. Apparently the process also helps shed unwanted pounds.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
http://www.crystalinks.com/otzi_ice1.jpg

That might be the most exciting photograph I have ever laid my eyes upon.
hamburger

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:08 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
those people are working with bare hands and - it can't be very cold there .
it's been near minus 30 C - about minus 25 F - here for the last several nights . so why don't you come over and "get frozen" - i won't charge you for sitting in our garden as a garden gnome
http://www.gruesse-aus-dem-norden.de/gartenzwerg4.jpg
but would appreciate it if you'd remove yourself when the thaw starts .
hbg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:35 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I read an article about people being frozen in the future, something like "crymogenics" or "krywamentic".... I don't know... can't remember the term, but what is your opinion of this exciting new science?

I believe if man (or woman) is frozen it will create an exciting and challenging future. One that will thrust us beyond the stars!

Very seldom do I get this serious about something, but this really does excite me and I would like to hear the varied opinions of the A2K populace on this matter.

Oh....yeah.

Sorry Gus.

We ain't gonna be freezing you.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 03:54 pm
I still favor cremation!
hamburger

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:10 pm
@CalamityJane,
cj wrote :

Quote:
I still favor cremation!

not if you are environmentally conscious !!!
causes unnecessary pollution !
being buried in a shroud on a wooden plank is what the green movement recommends - preferably under a tree - to replace the lumber being wasted .
hbg
ebrown p

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:02 pm
@hamburger,
The shroud seems kind of wasteful. Is is really necessary?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:12 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
That's been practice for many decades now. I'm doing the opposite; getting cremated then my ashes spread in the Pacific Ocean to continue my travels.
Mame

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:20 pm
I'd like to be burning on a pyre and floating down the Thompson River when I go. I've always wanted to go white water rafting.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:41 pm
@ebrown p,
the shroud should be made of woodfibre - which the tree will replace Shocked do it the irish way : Drunk
hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
c..i. wrote :

Quote:
I'm doing the opposite; getting cremated then my ashes spread in the Pacific Ocean to continue my travels.

sharks need more sustenance than ashes !
happy travels !
hbg
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
@hamburger,
I'll have to ask my wife to add a few morsels of meat with my ashes; don't want to disappoint those sharks.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Will people be frozen in the future?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:04:51