Hey Farmerman! Earth Question!

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:12 am
I lack the geology knowledge to examine the claims in this video. I need help. What percentage of this is bullshit, and what parts are actually feasible?

T
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,300 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 11:16 am
It's all fee-sible. I'll charge you a fee, it that's all you want . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:15 pm
@Diest TKO,
M ost of the data and evidence for sea floor spreading is correct. He does say that NO SUBDUCTION IS OCCURING. Thats bullshit, we can map "leading edge subduction zones" by earthquake records, and we can show their structures by wave propogation . We know that subduction zones exist. (Thats why there are things like "Rings of fire" and all these acidic volcanoes along the continental margins of Western Namd S AMerica. The ANdes and the Sierra and the Klamaths are all piled up subduction zones

On trailing edges of continents we have tectonics that often Override the continental rocks. The rock structure actually seenfrom drillholes says that his conclusions are all wet. The planet isnt growing, the density of the core/mantle/crust layers are pretty consistent and the P wave velocities are consistent with mantle subduction and "hot spot" locations.
His map was incorrect in several areas, like the subcontinent of India was originally hooked with AFrica , then m oved across the ocean. Several other areas are incorrect but in general, his raw data is close to reality (as we see from evidence)
gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The planet isnt growing

I beg to differ, my rural friend.
farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:28 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
Get me some evidence there gus. I am a tough student.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
How does the guy in the video explain the formation of mountains such as the Alps?

He seems more enamored with the cool video of an animated jigsaw puzzle than with any sound scientific studies. Also, if there is no subduction, only expansion, where is all the new material coming from? Is the earth's core becoming hollow as more magma is produced on the expanding sea floors?
0 Replies