Best way to sell my puppy business??

ppyluv

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:25 am
I own 3 Female French Bulldogs and a Male Chihuahua. From these, I created the Mexican Frenchie. I also have a website and equipment. I would like to sell due to medical reasons. I absolutely love and believe in this breed and would like to find someone who could carry on my vision; someone who would love and care for my dogs as much as I do. I'm not trying to make a lot of money, I just want them to be safe and happy. What would be the best way to advertise my business for sale?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,740 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

CalamityJane

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:08 pm
Hello,
unless you're a professional breeder, you shouldn't even attempt crossing
different species of dogs. For most of us here, dogs, cats and other animals
are our pets we love dearly and won't even think of disposing them like a
business asset.

Keep your dogs and care for them, as every other respectable pet owner would.
Bella Dea

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:31 pm
If you aren't worried about distance, I'd try contacting a breeder.

http://www.everlovinpuppies.com/
ppyluv

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:17 pm
@Bella Dea,
ha ha! This is me! Surprised)
0 Replies

ppyluv

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
Again, medical reasons...
OGIONIK

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:18 pm
@ppyluv,
myspace, craigslist, make a website.

get all your puppies tested for diseases they might be prone too
0 Replies

Green Witch

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:59 pm
@ppyluv,
You could contact a group like Breeders Direct:
http://www.breedersdirect.com/
You might be able to do a classified ad with them. They function as a network for breeders. They have new breeds like Puggles and Chi-a-poo advertised, so it's not just AKC people.

I'm not a fan of adding more puppies to an overpopulated animal world, but I think most AKC breeds have been over breed and its resulted in serious hereditary health problems for the dogs. Many breeds need to be redone. Cross breeding could solve many of these health issues. Ppyluv, do you find crossing Chihuahuas with French Bulldogs eliminates the breathing problems that often plague the Frenchies? They do seem to be a complimentary pair in terms of genetics.
ppyluv

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:26 am
@Green Witch,
Thanks for the info Green Witch! I'll check it out. My sister is adopting one of my girls!! Absolutely no breathing problems. They're just small, short, stocky, bully dogs without all the health problems... I totally agree that the AKC lines are packed full of health issues due to line breeding, etc. Also, a lot of people think that if a dog is AKC registered that they're automatically good quality. Absolutely not true! I've seen dogs that aren't registered at all that I'd choose over an AKC dog any day of the week!
Green Witch

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:14 am
@ppyluv,
My grandparents were crazy about English bulldogs, but the dogs cost a fortune to keep in good repair. The dogs often suffered from their design. It's one of those breeds I wish they would stop making . I've always liked the Frenchies, but the ones I've interacted have had similar breathing problems. I think breeding for a less smashed up face makes sense. I'm drawn to Boston Terriers now and can't pass one by without making a fuss over it, although I've noticed breeders are shortening their noses lately and some almost look like Frenchies. For all my talk, I've mostly owned junk yard type dogs that were found wandering along roadways or eating out of garbage cans.

PPY, I think your best bet is to look for friends and relatives to adopt your dogs. You can still see them and you'll know they will not be abused for profits. We are all aware the puppy industry has a dark side, and if your dogs go to strangers, the uncertainty of their lives might keep you up at night.
ppyluv

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:50 pm
@Green Witch,
Believe me Green Witch, I would do a major amount of investigation in to whoever ends up with my dogs. Also will deliver anywhere in the US. I really like the idea of finding someone just like me (but younger and maybe with some help), to carry on my line. It took me at least 3 years to finally be able to start this line. I finally got the bully-looking male Chihuahua I'd always dreamed of. It's all very sad for me. Since my last post, I spoke with my sister and have decided not to let her adopt Claire. She already has 4 dogs and works full time. I think she'd just be getting in over her head.
0 Replies

dcchris

Wed 1 Sep, 2010 08:29 am
@CalamityJane,
I completely agree... We should honored to care for and love all creatures that God made for us!
0 Replies