A2Ker's Dinner in Manhattan Jan. 12, 2009

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:00 pm
It was a great time. The only regret I have is that cheap Canadian bastard didn't have the forethought to bring us some drugs.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth wrote:
Quote:
Have you warned him that I'm a bit dangerous when I'm craving red meat.

A bit dangerous!!!!!

Hannibal Lecter was a bit dangerous when he craved red meat.

You go way beyond that!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:09 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

It was a great time. The only regret I have is that cheap Canadian bastard didn't have the forethought to bring us some drugs.

Laughing I would have brought some for ya Kicky and it would have been much better than the American stuff Wink

You do look awesome! Very Happy
martybarker

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:53 pm
I'm so envious, I'd love to meet you all some day.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:56 pm
Same here Marty!

I'm hoping someone took home those left over egg rolls. Boy, if I could only reach them, they would be mine Laughing
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:08 pm
@Montana,
I want to know what those bright green things are ...
kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:14 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

kickycan wrote:

Laughing I would have brought some for ya Kicky and it would have been much better than the American stuff Wink

Never have I seen two more beautiful sentences in my entire life. Come visit immediately!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:14 pm
@ehBeth,
zee menu

I think I'll go with the 2 roast meat qt (soy chicken and roast duck), scallion pancake, and I need someone to share the sizzling tofu platter with. ahhhh. Apparently they've got a good happy hour.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:30 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I want to know what those bright green things are ...

Yeah yeah, me too. Never seen those before, but they do look like brussel sprouts.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:32 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

Montana wrote:

kickycan wrote:

Never have I seen two more beautiful sentences in my entire life. Come visit immediately!

If I could, I would! One day Kicky, one day I'll be there with bells on Wink
littlek

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:21 pm
@Montana,
It was great to see everyone all together again!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:25 pm
It sure was Very Happy
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:34 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
Re: shewolfnm (Post 3532555)
uhhh...kicky is the busboy...

Yeah - trying to earn enough to put himself through librarian's school...... Razz
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:40 am
The "green things" were my mistake...vegatable dumplings. Not sure why I didn't ask for meat dumplings...but I screwed up. Joe was the only one who ate 'em. I gave them a taste...and didn't even finish that one.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Loved this post, especially the commas and dashes line but the whole thing really...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:52 am
I just hope I get to meet some'a youse face to face before I get too old and senile to appreciate the conversation...

Great lookin' crowd.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:33 am
@snood,
I don't know that there is anyone here in A2K I more want to meet than you, Snood.

I know you don't live close...but I keep hoping you find some reason to visit the Big Apple someday soon.

All my best friends are people with whom I have bumped heads forcefully. You and I have head butted enough to scramble ordinary brains. I have a feeling that if we met in person, the smiles would never leave our faces.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:36 am
@Mr Stillwater,
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Yeah - trying to earn enough to put himself through librarian's school...... Razz

or pay for a prostitute.. which ever comes first
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:28 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I dunno where Thomas fits in there, but JoeNation and Lola are the champions of the rest of that group.

As Frank's comment about "quiet moments" suggests, I was the listener-in-chief that evening. Indeed, the evening inspired me to become a psychoanalyst if and when I lose my current job. It's so easy (though Lola disagrees). All you have to say is: "Um-hm ... That's interesting ... and when that brick hit you on the head, how did that make you feel? ... Why is it important to you that bricks don't hit you on the head? ... Okay, time's up, that's 75 dollars please." (Lola helpfully coached me that it's 150 dollars, not 75, which was nice to hear.)

Mainly, though, I was too busy enjoying the company of these five wonderful individual to pay much attention to the group dynamics. Nothing insightful to say about the evening, except "thanks guys".

ehBeth wrote:
I hope he's at least a good a hugger as Blatham

Only one way to find out ... (hint, hint)

ehBeth wrote:
I sent Thomas an email with info about a new BBQ joint I want to check out the next time I'm in town.

Thanks for reminding me! Your email landed in the middle of a large block of spam, so I missed it when I got it. Again, only one way to find out if the BBQ is any good there.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:58 am
@Thomas,
If you value your life, Thomas...or if you value your freedom...be careful aroung Beth when she is hungry. And especially if she is hungry and there is a cop around...because she is going to talk about taking a bite out of the cop...and you are not going to have much trouble accepting that she is being serious.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 09:02:12