A2Ker's Dinner in Manhattan Jan. 12, 2009

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:02 pm
Great spread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Not to get syrupy, but I really like how everyone looks like themselves (or my catch on them, it all fits.)
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:10 pm
funny, you all almost look like normal people.

good to see the old gang together, sorry i missed y'all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:13 pm
@ossobuco,
So I know you all as good with the words (at the least). In a group, who talks more? I see Lola and Thomas as sitting back for a bit and then being trenchant with key points.
Maybe JoeN too, re sitting back, but once he gets going..
I see Blatham as winding the others all up. I see Kicky as bursting the windup with the smart remark or just talking when he could get a word in edgewise. Frank (I know, I know, agnostic), hard to guess.

Interesting, having met about half of youse.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:26 pm
Ossobuco wrote:

Quote:
So I know you all as good with the words (at the least). In a group, who talks more? I see Lola and Thomas as sitting back for a bit and then being trenchant with key points.
Maybe JoeN too, re sitting back, but once he gets going..
I see Blatham as winding the others all up. I see Kicky as bursting the windup the smart remark or just talking when he could get a word in edgewise. Frank (I know, I know, agnostic), hard to guess.

Interesting, having met about half of youse.

The only question is: Who is the second best at talking...because it is going to be a distant second best to JOE NATION. Joe was one time telling me that he would be late getting to the Pan because he had to work an extra hour...and he started with: "There was a woman I knew up in Buffalo who had a neice that once worked at the United Nations as a translator. Anyway, the translators daughter had an old car...I think it was a Packard, which always made a pinging sound if it wasn't fed high octane gas because...

...well, you get the idea.

Lola talks a lot; Blatham talks a lot; I got a big mouth; Kicky listens great; and Thomas, well...Thomas can be talkative, but he also has quiet moments.

Joe never has a quiet moment...and his conversation is always filled with commas and dashes...and very few periods.

We had a ball.

Wish you were there Ossobuco. Hey Dag...wish you coulda been there also.
Izzie

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Good to see y'all! Thanku for posting them - so much nicer virtually talking to people when you can put faces to names. Love it.

Oh... to visit the BigA. One day!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Back, in what, o4, some of us met in San Francisco over several days, and the conversations naturalized to different people talking away at different times, with resultant musing, or once in a while flying discourse.. Different dynamic from a dinner, when one or the other person may be in a listening mode, or the opposite, or in between.

I like that JoeN talks in commas and dashes - well, I would, eh? (I remember Diane telling me he was quiet, heh).

So, who got second place?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:46 pm
@Izzie,
I root for your getting there too, Iz.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:59 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Great pictures, but Frank, do you always color coordinate your clothes to the
wall color of your house? :lol

I was going to ask the same thing Laughing Love the color though.

Thanks for the pics Frank. You all look wonderful as usual Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Talkers, I've met a few.

I dunno where Thomas fits in there, but JoeNation and Lola are the champions of the rest of that group. Frankie revs it up if there are visitors to New York in the crowd - cuz he's gonna sell ya on how fantastic that town is. All three of them are marvellously overwhelming in their own way.

I kind of expect Thomas to be in there with Blatham and Kicky. Participating. I hope he's at least a good a hugger as Blatham, cuz that's certainly a feature attraction of that sorta get-together. Buncha good huggers.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frankie, you're turning into quite the master photo poster!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:49 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks, Beth.

I mentioned to Thomas that "Beth was at my party" -- and he went into a funk because he thought he had missed you.

But I was talking about my friend Beth who works where Thomas works.

He was actually relieved when I straighten the comment out. Boy, he sure was sorry when he thought he had missed you.

blatham

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:49 pm
Fine people. Miss 'em.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:51 pm
@Montana,
Yup...got the burgundy sweat shirt on right now while I am typing.
Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Yup...got the burgundy sweat shirt on right now while I am typing.

Very Happy
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:56 pm
@Montana,
Don't discuss it here...but I was pretty proud of that "Does slaughtering them sound like a good idea?" line!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That reminds me, I sent Thomas an email with info about a new BBQ joint I want to check out the next time I'm in town.

Have you warned him that I'm a bit dangerous when I'm craving red meat Laughing
Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
No discussing here, but you made me proud! Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Thomas can tend to knock a ball out of the park when he does talk. Good hugger.

I remember being afraid of Thomas online. Well, he's still smarter but he doesn't skeer me anymore. Good eyes.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 07:58 pm
Damn, I am stunning. I'm amazed you mere mortals didn't feel small and grotesque in comparison.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:52:46