As FM said, there are certain chemicals sometimes found in mineral spirits not approved with food use but mineral spirits do flash off.
The oil for cutting boards here comes with mineral spirits.
Here is the MSDS for mineral spirits
Swallowing small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects.
Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. This material can get into the lungs during swallowing or
vomiting. This results in lung inflammation and other lung injury.
If it were me, I would leave it out in a well vented open area above 60 degrees for a couple of days to completely flash, then wash it well with warm soapy water a couple of times before oiling it.
You could resurface the board by sanding it to get rid of any pores that may have picked up spirits.