Who plays on E-bay, and does this look funny?

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:50 am
I am selling a car on E-bay for the first time, and got a response that seems not quite right...

Dear seller ,

Thank you for the quick email . You have offered a very good price and i agreed with it . PLEASE BEFORE WE GO AHEAD I CAN ONLY DO BUSINESS WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, NO INTERNATIONAL PURCHASE.

I must let you know that i am kind of Handicapped because i sustained Leg Injury and minor auditory problem in a road side bombing during the period of serving my fatherland in Iraq war . But be it as it may , i will be using the most secured and easy way to process the payment and also will be using the service of a shipping company that will handle the pick up once you have cleared the payment .

My mode of payment will be ELECTRONIC BANK CHECK because this is the fastest and most acceptable form of check payment in the United States Bank . The ELECTRONIC BANK CHECK will be prepared online [ www.iversacheck.com] and you will only need to print the check out and deposit into your account for clearing withing 24-48hrs .

Once the check clears , i can then do the pick up . You will be printing out ELECTRONIC BANK CHECK [ ECHECK] through Bank Compliant Blank Security Check Paper and Magnetic Versa Ink with Colored Printer. After printing the checks , you will then go ahead and deposit at your bank for clearing.

You can now go ahead and buy the following :

BLANK SECURITY CHECK PAPER WITH VALIDATION CODE

MAGNETIC VERSA INK

You can buy from any of the following stores :

OFFICEMAX

OFFICE DEPOT

STAPLES

FRY'S ELECTRONICS

STATIONERY STORE

Please note that i will refund the cost of purchasing the materials. The Bank check takes only 24-48hrs to clear because it is drawn on United States Bank . I will be looking forward to hear back from you . If you don't mind , please lets chat on Yahoo messenger . My id is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Best Regards,
Axxx xxxxxx

((Ping.))
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 669 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Rockhead
squinney
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 11:55 am
Dear xxxx xxxxxxx,

Uh, yeah, right.

I'll be headin' down to Staples right away. Do me a favor and hold your breath until I get back.

Sincerely,

OOOO OOOOOO

(actually, don't reply at all)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:05 pm
We got an almost identical letter when selling an expensive piece of farm equipment. We didn't respond, but we did notify Ebay fraud.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 12:18 pm
This is the most clever of the non serious responses I have received, a couple others just wanted to see if they could get me to pull the ad.

(what a nice planet of folks we have turned into...)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:13 pm
@Rockhead,
the phrase "serving my fatherland " made me chuckle a bit!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:36 pm
but i suffer head injury

i not scammer
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2009 01:55 pm
A friend received a nearly identical response when he tried to sell a motorcycle online.
0 Replies