timberlandko

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 01:04 am
I admit, roger, it sometimes offers sweet compensations Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:43 am
crushing?

oh my.

do you have a particularly firm handshake, timbertops?

signed,

nervously looking forward to meeting in madison
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:36 am
timberlandko wrote:

Hmphhhhfff. "Even with moderators here" she says. Hmphhhfff indeed.
<mutter, snort> Well, I never ... <snort, mutter, snort>

<shakes head> Damn, this is a thankless job. Hmphhhfff. :wink: Laughing :wink:

Oh Embarrassed ...uh...what I *meant* to say was that BECAUSE of the fabulous moderators here, there's no restrictive speech...and no "Zinger-type" abuse, to top it off! Wink

Shoesharper, my name was Liberty there, too, but I wasn't as active there...usually more of a fly on the wall. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:05 am
Just teasin' LibertyD :wink:

Oh, and ehBeth ... I'm pretty big and clumsy, but I'm fairly well behaved and mostly gentle in social situations Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:21 am
Still, the sweet compensations must be an added reward when they happen. I learned some time ago (actually only a short time ago) that gratification alone is not a good measure of whether a thing ought to be done. That is, some of us have the idea that if it feels good, it must be wrong. However sometimes, what is right gratifies some of our most naughty wishes.......and when this is the case, it's always a nice bonus.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:32 am
Shoesharper,

I don't know if we met on Abuzz. My name was Ethel. Good to have you here.

And Montana, I didn't know you were Gezzy. It's so funny to find that two people you know are in fact the same person. It happened with nimh too! What a funny surprise.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:10 pm
Thank You
Hi, Lola! Sure, I remember your name on Abuzz. And I am so glad you changed it, because Ethel is my mother-in-law's name. 'Nufff said. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:50 pm
Lola wrote:
Shoesharper,

I don't know if we met on Abuzz. My name was Ethel. Good to have you here.

And Montana, I didn't know you were Gezzy. It's so funny to find that two people you know are in fact the same person. It happened with nimh too! What a funny surprise.

LOL Lola. Sorry about that. I tried to tell everyone when I made the change, but I knew I'd forget some Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:56 pm
Lola
I didn't know you were Ethel either. I was wondering where she was. Who was nimh?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 03:40 pm
nimh was No It's Me and later he added Habibi = nimh, go figure. Funny
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 03:49 pm
Quote:
BTW, even with moderators here, there's no sense of restriction of speech...just no abuse.

Oh damn. Just when I was about to bring out my billy club, you guys get all warm and fuzzy on me! :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:04 pm
that's just as well Phoenix........you'd never catch us anyway, we're so fast. Laughing

Sharpshooter...........I think Ethel is everybody's mother in law's name.......I'm glad I changed it too....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:09 pm
You stay right there, Phoenix ... I'll circle around back and spook 'em toward ya ... get ready now, they're gonna scatter ....
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:17 pm
some of us can fly.........just call me Mary Poppins, quick....my umbrella now.........
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:21 pm
Lola wrote:
nimh was No It's Me and later he added Habibi = nimh, go figure. Funny

Well, I'll be darn. I never knew.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:26 pm
I'll bet Phoenix wields a mean billy club, too. Right, Phoenix? If only you could work on NY Zinger. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:29 pm
She does walk softy, but carries a big stick :-)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:51 pm
Hi Shoesharper, I was mmediane on abuzz, but I wasn't very active; I do remember you, though and your astute political analyses.

Ehbeth, I'll bet you anything that you will find Timber to be a gentle, courtly kind of man. Just read his posts to see the way his mind works as well as his gentle restraint. (OK, Timber, was this enough to fool the innocents going to Madison?)
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 04:59 pm
Diane - Political threads on Abuzz are rarely very civilized, but it is fun. I have only posted twice on the political topics here, and I have to admit that I had to watch my language and approach. I'll get used to it, and if some post makes me mad I can always so over to Abuzz and blow my stack. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 05:26 pm
shoesharper- I think that you will find that it is much more valuable ultimately when people stick to serious issues, and keep emotions in check when it comes to politics and other volatile subjects.

There is plenty of fun, banter and teasing on the more light hearted threads, and there is lots of opportunity to let your hair down, and be
downright silly.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank you!
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:12:23