Thank you!

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 02:48 am
Yesterday was the first time I ever posted on this site -- in the memorial for mamajuana. It was wonderful to see so many names I remember from Abuzz. And in the posts after mine, I was amazed to find so many of those people greeting me --they actually remember me! I was genuinely touched, and I thank you.
Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,074 • Replies: 62
No top replies

Montana

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 03:20 am
Hi there Shoesharper. Long time no see. Welcome to A2K. It's always so nice to see a friendly face from abuzz :-D

I've changed my name here, but you'll know me as Gezzy.

It's great to see ya :-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 03:21 am
Hi shoe !! Good to see you here !! Now dont be a stranger !
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 03:32 am
Hi sweetie!!!!!

welcome - how you be?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 05:02 am
Where did you get those shoes?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 05:12 am
Aha! A "voice" from the past. Of course I remember you shoesharper.......and I am very glad to see you here!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:12 am
Memorial for mamajuana?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:16 am
Hi Shoe! Elio
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:18 am
I remember too, Shoesharper. Glad you finally made it.

akaRoger
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:23 am
PoM, I sent you a PM.

Hiya shoesharper! You signed on last November! I'm glad you finally posted.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 12:46 pm
Thant you
Wow! What a great welcome! Such fun to see so many old friends. Bless you all.

Yes, I first signed on last November, just to have a look around and frankly I didn't like what I saw. And so help me, it looked a lot different then than it does today, for some reason. I had no trouble navigating this time -- in fact, the format is identical to seattlbuzz, where I have also been posting. Except you have that beauticul Spellcheck, and it doesn't. Since I now see that it is simple enough to navigate -- even for a computer dud like me -- I would like to drop in occasionally. Why don't you do likewise on Abuzz?

Phoenix -- You were the Doyenne of Abuzz and you are sorely missed to this day. Great to see you again!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
Hi, shoesharper (although I saw you on the other thread, I didn't want to "spoil" it was a remark).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 02:20 pm
Already said so, but great to see ya, shoesharper!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 07:26 pm
Welcome Shoesharper, it's great to see you here!

I've looked in on Abuzz at different times, unfortunately all I saw was arguments, insults, and the same old disrespect as ever. I won't check it out anymore, but I do miss the people I love who are still there.

Enjoy your visit, and please come back soon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 08:05 pm
Hi there, shoesharper. Good to see you, here, there and everywhere. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 06:10 am
shoesharper- I have been known to sneak a quick peek at Abuzz from time to time. After all, it WAS my first internet love.

I get so disgusted by the flaming, the impersonators, and the general mean spiritedness of the place, that I usually don't stay for long. In fact, when I DO respond it is usually to some newbie who has wandered in, and wants information about something factual.

I remember Abuzz in its heyday, and am saddened and disgusted by what it has become.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 06:14 am
shoes, my man! How's it hangin'?

Ima gonna put you in PUP if that's OK.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 06:17 am
I'm with Phoenix Shoesharper. I still pop my head in from time to time, but I can't seem to stay. I was also very active on abuzz way back when about 4 years ago when all was great, but it's nothing like it used to be. I like having moderators around to keep the peace and rid of the trouble makers and abuzz just doesn't have that anymore :-(
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 01:20 pm
Thank You
Phoenix and Montana -- No, Abuzz certainly isn't what it used to be, not by a country mile. But still, there is a certain sense of freedom in flying utterly blind with no moderators and no supervision. We have all had to learn the fine art of Scrolling. And lately I seem to notice a marked decrease in New York Zinger types. So, we soldier on. Right now we are having a ball with an endless Trivia thread.

Now that I have discovered how nice this site is, I will be back from time to time. But I'm afraid I have gotten myself into a corner -- I am now posting on three sites, and I am beginning to run out of time for all this nonsense. Oh well, it keeps me out of the bars, right? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 01:30 pm
Hi Shoe and welcome. Glad to see you here.

I still Abuzz from time to time, but it seems only about three people post 99% of the stuff over there. And it's all drivel.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank you!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:11:21