Thank you!

shoesharper

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 01:57 pm
thank you
PDiddie -- Hey, thanks for including me in the PUP group. I just looked over the roster, and there are soooooo many of my old political people.
And the political scene gets more interesting every day, right? Smile
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 02:25 pm
welcome Shoesharper glad to see you.

There are still fragments of the old Abuzz, mostly created by the likes of Aa and Original Nan but the are small islands in a sea of darkness.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:14 pm
Thanks
Acquiunk -- Yes, Aa and Original Nan are quite active. But just yesterday Nan told us that she has just been diagnosed with cancer. So there are many, many good wishes flooding in for her. Smile She seems to have a great attidude, so we hope that all will go well for her. We have had enough sad news this month, when we learned that mamajuana had died. I e-mailed with her for a long time and I will really miss her. Aa is one great lady, as I found out last summer when my husband and I had dinner here in Seattle with Aa, seattle friend, and pffka. It was the first time I had met any cyberfriends, and it was an evening to remember! Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:18 pm
Hi, shoesharper. Glad to see you here. I had to quit Abuzz because my dial up just couldn't do anything there.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:37 pm
Shoesharper. I am upset and saddened to hear that original Nan is ill. That just about caps a lousy week for me and I'm certain she is less than thrilled. She is one of the stars of Abuzz and I'm sorry she does not post here.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:54 pm
OhMyGosh, I'm so sorry to hear about Original Nan.... I always enjoyed chatting with her at Abuzz....

Shoesharper, it's good to see you here.... I also live in your neighborhood, and I was really sorry to have missed your get-together when Aa was in town.... SeattleFriend told me all about it.... you'all had a great time!!!

Yes, it's difficult to keep up with a multitude of groups.... I'm also in a Yahoo Group, where we all have Border Collies.... And, of course, the Crones, the elder women of Abuzz, who began their intimate friendships when Abuzz was in it's prime....

I'd join more groups, too, if I just had the time!!!

Again... it's good to hear from you!!

Peace and Love
Sandra
:-)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:00 pm
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Original Nan? I would love to write her, but don't have her e'mail address.

If someone could please give her mine, and ask her to write me, it would truly be appreciated.

MistiErin@(remove this insert to email*)cfl.rr.com

Thank you so much! I am so sorry to learn of her illness, she is a remarkable lady.

* Edited to thwart email harvesters
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:14 pm
Misti, it is not smart to put your email in a post, please consider asking people to PM you!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:25 pm
Osso, if I have my e'mail address in my profile, why would I not want to put it in a post?

I'm not afraid or hiding anything!

So keep your remarks for people who warrant them!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:33 pm
Misti, she is discussing her health problems on this Abuzz thread. Perhaps you can arrange to contact her there. I would not post my email address on Abuzz

http://nytimes.abuzz.com/interaction/s.339276/discussion_in_list/ci/2/
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:37 pm
Misti26 wrote:
Osso, if I have my e'mail address in my profile, why would I not want to put it in a post?

I'm not afraid or hiding anything!

So keep your remarks for people who warrant them!

Profile emails are not disclosed to the public. Your MSN IM program's registered email is but soon the profiles will be for registered members only.

I see that some mod edited the email but the danger is that messageboards and newsgroups are scanned by software to harvest emails. So if you post an email online the spiders will find them and spammers will use the harvested emails and sell them to other spammers.

You can prevent this by doing something like this:

mymailname AT hotmail DOT com
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:41 pm
Thank you
Misti -- I don't have an e-mail address for Original Nan. Acquiunk found her on Abuzz -- perhaps she can tell you how she did it. Hope you can do it because I know she would enjoy hearing from you.

Peace and Love -- Yes, the Abuzz week in Seattle was wonderful, and Aa was the star. She stayed with seattle friend, and Stoat took her up to Hurricane Ridge, and she had a ball. Our dinner was an occasion to remember. It was the first time I had met any Abuzzers, and I highly recommend it.

edgar blythe -- Good to see you again. Also you, ossobuco. It has been a while. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:42 pm
misti, programs (called "bots") crawl the internet looking for openly posted email addresses, and put none of their considerable harvest to any good purpose. An email address in a member profile is very different from an email address posted on a publicly available, searchable, archiveable web page, forums, newsgroups, or discussion boards. Don't make it easy for the badguys; they really don't need the help :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:45 pm
Thank you Acquiunk, I will check it out!
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 09:53 pm
Misti -- If you use the link Acquiunk gave you, delete everything following the word "discussion". Shocked
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 10:11 pm
Husker was elio???

heehee

It's so funny about the people I remember from Abuzz. Shoesharper -- not sure if we interacted, but I definately remember your name! And welcome to A2K!

Anyway, it's funny that there are certain people who I remember for whatever reason, and elio was/(is?) someone I really loved interacting with (as is alterego Husker.)

I visit Abuzz from time to time, but it's so difficult to find the fun threads, and even those seem to be spoiled by the jerks. BTW, even with moderators here, there's no sense of restriction of speech...just no abuse.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 10:25 pm
Thank You
Hi, Liberty D. Was that your Abuzz name? I'm not sure if we ever interacted, but perhaps we did. It has been wonderful to arrive at a2k and find soooooo many old Abuzzards. Yes, elio is still there on the Rainforest thread. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 12:01 am
LibertyD wrote:
Husker was elio???

heehee

It's so funny about the people I remember from Abuzz. Shoesharper -- not sure if we interacted, but I definately remember your name! And welcome to A2K!

Anyway, it's funny that there are certain people who I remember for whatever reason, and elio was/(is?) someone I really loved interacting with (as is alterego Husker.)

I visit Abuzz from time to time, but it's so difficult to find the fun threads, and even those seem to be spoiled by the jerks. BTW, even with moderators here, there's no sense of restriction of speech...just no abuse.

Liberty - Embarrassed thought everyone knew that :wink:

I frequent about URL's
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 12:37 am
LibertyD wrote:
BTW, even with moderators here, there's no sense of restriction of speech...just no abuse.

Hmphhhhfff. "Even with moderators here" she says. Hmphhhfff indeed.
<mutter, snort> Well, I never ... <snort, mutter, snort>

<shakes head> Damn, this is a thankless job. Hmphhhfff. :wink: Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 12:49 am
So reach out and crush someone, Timber.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank you!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:59:58