Dog's 12-Inch Ears Are World's Largest

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 04:22 pm
Dog's 12-Inch Ears Are World's Largest
Wed Sep 24, 2:37 PM ET

NEW YORK - They drag into his food. Sometimes, he even trips over them. Now they're getting an earful of attention. Mr. Jeffries the Bassett Hound has been named by the 2004 Guinness Book of World Records as the dog with the largest ears in the world.

Measured at 11.5 inches, the hound's ears flap in the wind and are bigger than his legs.

And according to his owner, Phil Jeffries of West Sussex, England, the hound's ears are insured for $47,800.

Though Mr. Jeffries makes big bucks as a model and a television star, the hound is not the only big dog of the family. Mr. Jeffries is the grandson of Biggles, the famous face of Hush Puppies shoes.

The dog-eared champion's full name is Knightsfollie Ladiesman, the owner said.

photo link:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=817&u=/ap/20030924/ap_on_fe_st/dog_eared_2&printer=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,476 • Replies: 3
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:46 am
Insuring a dogs ears..whats next?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:52 am
That story reminds me of the one about the OOO-OOO bird. The bird has very short legs, and very large, er, sex organs. When he comes in for a landing, he says, OOO-OOO, OOO-OOO! Laughing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:26 am
Laughing
0 Replies