How much of Christianity is based on Paganism?

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:02 pm
@Joe Sixpack,
There's plenty of Christians disapprove of cards and gambling. I'll take your word for it about the Broncos and Sea Hawks. Saints lost to West Ham today so I'm not too pleased.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 05:12 pm
@Joe Sixpack,
This. why one and not the other?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 06:10 pm
http://i59.tinypic.com/2likm0x.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 09:44 am
What better way to trash and humiliate heathen celebrations than to TAKE THEM OVER and use them to celebrate Jesus instead?
Likewise many Christian churches are built on ancient heathen ritual sites, STOMPING them into the ground!
Christianity is the biggest game on the park..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Religions_2012_zps1a611c24.jpg~original
Olivier5

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 10:20 am
@Enaj,
Quote:
Actually all translations have errors, simply because all bible translations are tranlated by man, and man is not perfect in their undersatnding....which is why I'd never attempt it myself.

The Bible books were written by man also, and have much pagan influences already.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 03:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
How do you come to a conclusion scripturally that God is fine with attaching his name to pagan celebrations.
Adopting their idols, images, practices and rituals surely is not the same stomping them into the ground.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 03:56 pm
@Smileyrius,
Actually, if Rombilino sat down and analyzed his post, he would have that lightbulb moment that most of us have about all religions.
They are nothing to do with spreading the goodness of their particular deity, they are merely out for conquest and power.
Rimbo Flabulus has spelt out exactly what the Christian hierarchy are up to, and have been up to ever since it became clear that a quick buck could be made, and people could be manipulated by fear,

Rombio Fellatio has swallowed it hook, line and sinker, like a good little christian should.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 04:04 pm
Quote:
Smiley asked: How do you come to a conclusion scripturally that God is fine with attaching his name to pagan celebrations.
Adopting their idols, images, practices and rituals surely is not the same stomping them into the ground.

Ha ha, God ROFL's at idols..Smile

God said- "Like a scarecrow in a cucumber patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:5)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Scarecrow.gif~original
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 04:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So if we want to have a good laugh with God, we should adopt idols and call them by his name? Do you not see any flaw in what you are suggesting?
tontoiam

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 04:57 pm
@Smileyrius,
Romeo can be an idiot sometimes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:27 pm
Sometimes?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:02 pm
Guys, guys, many of you live on ancient heathen tribal territory but that doesn't make you heathens!
For examp, here's Gary Cooper and his mates taking Florida off the Seminole injuns in 'Distant Drums' so Christians can move in and build churches and disneyworld etc.
I mean, the poor uncivilised heathens had never even heard of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck til the white man introduced them..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/dist-drums_zps76f9ed2f.jpg~original
tenderfoot

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
In case you don't know..... Jews invented " Christian religion " so your map should be mostly blue... dick head.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

What better way to trash and humiliate heathen celebrations than to TAKE THEM OVER and use them to celebrate Jesus instead?
Likewise many Christian churches are built on ancient heathen ritual sites, STOMPING them into the ground!
Christianity is the biggest game on the park..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Religions_2012_zps1a611c24.jpg~original
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo I know you usually bend to a joke or two, thats not a problem, but just come down from the soapbox and discuss for a second on a human level.

Do you really see no reason to believe that God, having read the bible accounts specifically the dealings with the Israelites, as I assume you have, would have no problem with his name being attached to pagan rituals and methods of worship?
tontoiam

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Guys, guys, many of you live on ancient heathen tribal territory but that doesn't make you heathens!

Shocked Is this an insult.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:51 pm
Quote:
Tenderfoot said: In case you don't know..... Jews invented " Christian religion " so your map should be mostly blue... dick head.

Welcome to the discussion mate but can you just clear one little thing up?-
Wasn't it the snooty Jewish priests who went ballistic and handed Jesus over to the Romans for execution?

The high priest freaks out-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/caiaphas-freaking_zps625071fb.jpg~original

"Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.What do you think?”
“He is worthy of death,” they answered" (Matt 26:62-66)
tontoiam

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 07:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Welcome to the discussion mate but can you just clear one little thing up?
- Wasn't it the snooty Jewish priests who went ballistic and handed Jesus over to the Romans for execution?
The high priest freaks out-

Is this you flirting, Romeo.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 08:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Wait a minute guys, if Christianity is based on Paganism as you claim, why don't you like Christianity?

Who said we, whoever the guys are, don't like Christianity? I, for one, think it's a lovely idea which ought to be tried out sometime; in it's present state Christianity would be unrecognizable to Christ Himself.

But that's not the question that was asked and now answered by Romeo as "It's not a proper question." Bollocks. It's an absolutely proper question to be asked of any historical institution. Nothing just appears out of nowhere in this world. Did Judaism have connections to pagan beliefs and practices? Of course. To say otherwise just makes someone look like a fool.

So let's look at this carefully. Where to start? Virgin birth? Death and Resurrection? The Great Flood? All found in the Babylonian writings from 1000 years before Moses.

Joe(good legends have long lives)Nation
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 08:39 pm
Quote:
Tonto said: Is this you flirting, Romeo

Hmm..your profile seems to indicate you're a female, but you might be a bloke in drag for all I know because Internet-Land is like Strawberry Fields where nothing is necessarily real..
If you're female drop in on me next time you're in Plymouth England and we'll stroll round the antique shops, there's a Heinkel 111 bomber tailwheel that I've got my eye on, and in another shop there's a clockwork plastic Humphrey Bogart head that you might be interested in that says "Here's looking at you kid" when you press a button on the back..Smile
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 08:50 pm
Quote:
Joe Nation said: Virgin birth? Death and Resurrection? The Great Flood? All found in the Babylonian writings from 1000 years before Moses

So what? There were so many ancient myths and legends flying around like pinballs that it's inevitable a few of them accidentally hit the jackpot and coincided with the truth in Christianity.
For example George Harrison sang "My Sweet Lord" and got sued because it happened to sound like the old Chiffons number "He's so Fine" with different lyrics..Smile