How much of Christianity is based on Paganism?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
Religious nuts in action in Dublin on the soup run looking for homeless people-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Dublin-soup-run_zps44591cd8.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/christian-homeless_zps3bc250d9.jpg~original
tontoiam

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why the hell you taking pictures of me? Shocked
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Dont be a mug Mick? I have told you I own one of their bible before. Otside of opposing christian factions it is a well respected translation. I have also told you I have a great respect for them. They are more logical than your average christian nut and live by their creed even to a fault, they are certainly more christlike as a people than you seem to care for.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:07 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Religious nut in Plymouth posing in SS gear and with a combat knife.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ss-dot4_zps2c47ed98.jpg~original

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/mean-mofo.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:13 am
Quote:
Calamity said (re JW's): I have told you I own one of their bible before. I have also told you I have a great respect for them

Ha ha you've got "Jehovah's Witness' written all over you..Smile
And speaking of respect, you can respect stuff like this if you want, but include me out!-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jw-mother_zps0cbd6acb.jpg~original
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:22 am
Quote:
Izzy said:@RF- Religious nut in Plymouth posing in SS gear and with a combat knife

You softie, I bet you like playing with little dollies and listening to Justin Bieber songs! Be a man and get out there hiking in the forests and mountains like me hunting down aliens..Smile

Romeo Fabulini, UFO-hunter.
(google 'The Spalding Incident' to check out one of his sensational close encounters)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I know all about their blood standing Mick, and I wont tell you that they are right, because I do not personally agree with them on it. I do however respect it and as a christian you should too.
I know what scriptures they use to explain it and I know that they would rather die than offend their god. That does not mean though that they are irresponsible with regard to their lives. You should also look into the measures they go to as a people to ensure they get the best treatment.
In WW2 they were actually offered freedom from the nazi camps if they signed a declaration renouncing their affiliation. Very few signed.
It is all about character Mick. What I see is a people that would rather die than offend their god.
You on the other hand, appear to have no problem with dishonoring or offending the god you worship.

What is more, you mock a people because they reject any celebration they deem to have pagan or satanic influence, stating that that must be indicative of satanic influence! Your logic is a thing to behold.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
The Bible is chock full of lies. The pyramids weren't built by slaves, a global Biblical flood never happened, the Earth is significantly older than a few thousand years, no Roman census was ever held requiring people to go back to their places of birth.
Well, to be more accurate, the Jews didn't build pyramids, they made bricks. Nearly every religious/tribal group contains some sort of flood 'myth'. The Genesis account allows for zillions of years. And, I'll take you up later on the census.

Oh, and Romeo will probably launch on some tangent now.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:09 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: I know all about their [JW's] blood standing Mick, and I wont tell you that they are right, because I do not personally agree with them on it. I do however respect it and as a christian you should too

Can you give me a bible verse saying we should "respect" other beliefs?
I can give you plenty showing that we shouldn't..Smile
PS- if you're not a JW why are you defending them and drawing fire onto them from my powerful flak batteries?
neologist

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
"It will also be a source of considerable embarrassment to Watchtower that they must now correct their newly-revised Bibles and begin a new print run – with thousands of the faulty Bibles already in circulation. Watchtower’s writing team will also likely want to double-check each page to see whether there are any similar errors lurking elsewhere"
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/error-found-in-new-silver-sword-revised-new-world-translation
I checked my new translation and found the not so glaring error, in not the text but the page heading. Considering that several million copies were distributed within a 24 hour period, I don't find this disturbing.

BTW, the error has since been corrected. Unlike you, Romeo, who persist in your errors to your discredit.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Quote:
Izzy said:@RF- Religious nut in Plymouth posing in SS gear and with a combat knife

You softie, I bet you like playing with little dollies and listening to Justin Bieber songs! Be a man and get out there hiking in the forests and mountains like me hunting down aliens..Smile

Romeo Fabulini, UFO-hunter.
(google 'The Spalding Incident' to check out one of his sensational close encounters)
OMG, you've been abducted by aliens and subject to brain transplant! That explains it!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:25 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
PS- if you're not a JW why are you defending them and drawing fire onto them from my powerful flak batteries?
Perhaps Del is reacting much like Gamaliel in Acts 5: 35-39

And powerful flak batteries? Laughing Razz Laughing Mr. Green
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 12:46 pm
Quote:
Romeo asked Calamity Dal: if you're not a JW why are you defending them and drawing fire onto them from my powerful flak batteries?
Neologist responded: Perhaps Del is reacting much like Gamaliel in Acts 5: 35-39

Gamaliel said about early Christians- "if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men"

Right, mainstream Christianity has been unstoppable and going strong for 2000 years so God must like it..Smile
Beats me why the JW's don't like it and argue with it!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 01:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Funny you mention Justin Bieber, you're about as mature as he is. Posing in Nazi gear and with a knife is a pretty disturbing thing for a 16 year old kid to be doing, but at least they've got a chance of growing out of it. For a 60 something man to still be doing it is beyond pathetic.

Btw, don't you compare yourself to those Christians helping out the homeless, you're nothing like them. You called the homeless scum and included them in the same group as "paedophiles perverts and drunks."
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 02:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Right, mainstream Christianity has been unstoppable and going strong for 2000 years so God must like it..
But you shun mainstream christianity, labeling them fundies and crackpots. Isn't that why you claim no affiliation?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I have shared my time with many christians of all doctrines and beliefs, and found I have issues across the board. What I will say is that JWs for all the stick I give them from time to time, are the closest thing to my understanding of what a christian should be that I have come across.

A question for you Mick. Would you say you are you a perfect christian?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:18 pm
Quote:
Neologist claimed:
1- Romeo...persist in your errors to your discredit...
2- And powerful flak batteries?..
3- you shun mainstream christianity, labeling them fundies and crackpots. Isn't that why you claim no affiliation?

1-Me make errors? That'll be the day..Smile
You on the other hand seem to be in the habit of goofing-
"I can say truly that JWs are most certainly not perfect" (Neologist Aug 18 2006)
"When I'm wrong, I fess up to it" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"I'm no genius..One of my main reasons for posting here is to sharpen my understanding" (Neologist 21 Sep 013)

2- Sorry, I forgot you JW's shun war and don't know nothing about it! Flak is a German term for anti-aircraft fire. My flak ammunition is words which I use to shoot down my debating opponents with devastating effect..Smile

3- Yes I'm absolutely fair and impartial, I'll shoot anybody down no matter which creed, cult or sect they represent, I wish more would come into A2K such as Mormons etc so I can turn my gunsights on them, but I think somebody must have tipped them off that I'm here, so they stay away or lurk under the bed..Smile

These oddball characters below are not Pizza Hut chefs, they're Mormon priests in their sacred robes giving secret hand signals, probably meaning-
"Before the snap, a defensive player illegally crossed the line of scrimmage and made contact with an opponent or has a clear path to the quarterback"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/mormons.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:42 pm
Quote:
Izzy said: @RF- You called the homeless scum.

Where did I say homeless scum? Give me a link to the post.
I used to help at the Shelter charity for heaven's sake!
I may have once poked fun at myself by calling myself "homeless scum" when I was living in a tent in a remote wood just out of jail. Get out your hankies-
There I was, homeless, jobless, girlfriendless and near-penniless, ill, shivering and hypothermic deep in the woods, but was I downhearted?
Nah, I was too busy laughing at myself, "Great" I thought, "I've ended up as Bigfoot"

Quote:
Calamity asked: A question for you Mick. Would you say you are you a perfect christian?

Dunno,only God knows if any of us qualify. All we can do is run our own race and hope for the best..Smile
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Cor 9:24)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub1/another-yard.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well the fact that you describe yourself, without a hint of irony, as a holy man suggests you think you qualify.

Jesus never described himself as a holy man so you must be so much better. He was a ******* hippy anyway. What the **** did he know about racial purity, the joy of militarism, self promotion, alien abduction, (with the added benefit of anal probing) and gun worship? He was bound to get a few things wrong. We're very lucky to have you explain where he fucked up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:54 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Izzy said: @RF- You called the homeless scum.

Where did I say homeless scum? Give me a link to the post.

You were talking about why you were smiling at the prospect of Shariah law, then gave a list of undesirables you'd be happy to see dealt with by Moslem fundamentalists. You may have used 'beggar' instead of 'homeless' but the message is the same. I'm not going to bother searching for it. Now I've given you the context you can find it if you want.
0 Replies