is the number of the beast a bar code or just 666 WHAT IS IT TO YOU

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 03:12 am
That's why i prefer to cook bacon by the pound . . . so you don't have just five slices.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 03:28 am
@Setanta,
so your solution to the 666 issue is to eat 6 or more slices. Intteresting, interesting. Whew, there may be a problem with too much bacon on my BLT.

not!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:17 am
See: site of an ancient garbage dump in Oxyrhynchus in Egypt for some fanscinationg finds.
It was discovered in 1895//// and archaeologists having been poring over the tiny, extremely fragile pieces of paper like stuff ever since. Yeah, that's over a hundred years of poring.

RadioLab did a piece on it and other garbage things...... http://www.radiolab.org/story/91517-the-greatest-hits-of-ancient-garbage/

Enjoy...

Joe( garbagemouth)Nation

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:22 am
Did they find any ancient bacon?
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 12:10 pm
Numbers in the bible do have specific meaning. 7 is used as the number for perfection, 6 is essentially the number for less than perfect indeed that it fails to meet the required standard. Many times in the bible a triple repetition is used for emphasis.

I would assert that the number 666 indicates that 5 slices of bacon is an inadequate sandwich

There is of course the old adage that I may be wrong
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:42 pm
@Setanta,
No, but they did find several references to a dish called 'po-a tiin'nee.

Popular in the Northernmost regions, especially those who had already discovered the potato.

Joe(and bad cheese)Nation
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 06:47 pm
I recently was issued a replacement bank card. The 3-digit security code on the back? 666. Twisted Evil

If you don't believe me, I'll take a photo and post it. So, what does 666 mean to me? Just a number I have to input when I make online purchases. And something to giggle to myself about.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 03:49 am
Wow, Dude . . . that's like . . . cosmic! So money is the root of all evil, huh?
FBM

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2014 04:31 am
@Setanta,
Well, the love of it is said to be, at least. I'll be cosmically linked to this number until the card's expiration date, which means about 5 years of having a symbol of evil incarnate pressed against my buttcheek.
0 Replies