How do I learn the art of bantering?

Dutchy

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 09:58 pm
@bathsheba,
Hi Diana, I just followed a site right through, you'll probably finished up paying a few dollars but that's for you to decide, I looked here: http://www.bittorrent.am/torrent/1528895/7/24/[NGC]_TZ_-_Tuna_Cowboys.divx.html

There are other sites as well if you google 'Tuna Cowboys".

What is your daughter up to as you call her 'crazy'?
bathsheba

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 10:19 pm
@Dutchy,
Ah, she's always been a difficult personality to deal with. She accused me out of the blue of hacking into her emails and myspace. As she has had her email account and her myspace page for several years, I have no idea why she would choose this particular time to accuse me of such a thing. Anyone who knows me knows I am barely computer literate. Plus I don't have that much interest in her personal life....and I just would not do such a thing. She would not believe me. Her accusations and calling me a liar really hurt me. So, I'm waiting for her to apologize to me. She's showing an amazing lack of compassion for me and I'm seeing another side of her that I don't like. Sad, as she is an only child....and no doubt spoiled. My hubby has tried talking to her and he's pretty ticked off at her behaviour. So, that's it.

I'm trying to keep distracted by looking at posts on a2k. If I were not 1000 miles away from where she lives & doing chemo I'd confront her. Up close and personal. My Irish temper is definitely up and it's going to take quite a bit of apologizing.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:15 am
@bathsheba,
Bathsheba that is awful and very uncalled for, I'm so sorry she didn't show a bit more compassion and understanding of your situation. I do hope your husband will make her come to her senses and make things up to you, you certainly deserve that. A little bit of good news from this end, I saw my cardiologist this morning and he gave me a clean bill of health for the next 12 months, always a good feeling. I hope you can report similar news back to me in the not to distant future. Talk to you soon.
bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 08:26 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy! I'm so glad you got good news! You're a great fellow and deserve to hear such things! Bet Mrs. D is happy, too.
I hope to get a good report every year - no sign of recurrence. That would be wonderful. The next two years will be telling.

As for daughter.....I'm still blown away and sad. I think some silent treatment on my part is called for. Really don't want to talk to her unless she comes on her knees pleading for forgiveness.

How are things going in Australia with the fires? All out? Any signs of rain?

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 08:51 pm
@bathsheba,
Things are starting to improve down under bathsheba, we've had over an inch of rain in the last 24 hours with much lower temperatures. The same applies to the bush fire areas. The big 4 bushfires are still burning after 3 weeks and only heavy rain will douse them. They are being contained and cause no threats presently.

I can well imagine how you feel about your daughter but it may be wise to put it on the back-burner for a while and concentrate on Dianne first, you have to get over your illness both mentally and physically before tackling her issues I feel.
bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 10:44 pm
@Dutchy,
I'm glad the fires are not as threatening and are contained. What a relief.

Agree about daughter. Can only handle so much right now, and even the thought of talking to her makes my head pound.

Besides, you guys are much more fun Wink
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:13 pm
@bathsheba,
Thank you for the compliment, I did like sparring with you from day one, you gave as good as you got from that castle hence I'm still around. Wink

I noted on the 'yabber-liner' that you like to learn how to post pictures, it is a little complicated at first, but once you know the routine it is a breeze.

Once we have our pm's back here, you remember the personal messages nobody else can read, you can send me your e-mail address and I will type out the instructions 'step by step' how to post photos. ok?

bathsheba

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:22 pm
@Dutchy,
You're welcome, feeling is mutual! You're a great spar-mate!

Yes, I would like to learn how to post photos. Thanks for offering; I'll be happy to send my email address. When are the pm's due back?...also, I noticed that the number of posts each poster had has disappeared. I think you were well over 100,000, right? Are they coming back as well?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 11:51 pm
@bathsheba,
Your number of actual postings is still there but you can't see them here. Just click on your name and a page should pop up with some personal details including the number of postings you have.

There is a thread going at the moment called something like "where has everybody gone" started by msolga. The owner of the site said there yesterday that pm's were nearly a reality and would be soon added to the site.

If you are a member of Facebook, as many members here are, you could send me your address in a personal message there.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 06:40:28