I'm learneding

chai2

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:57 pm
a new skill.

namely, the stock market.

I'd taken a 2 day seminar last weekend, and have been spending some times studying so much cool stuff and analyzing and stuff.

I just made my first virtual trade and it was quite exciting.

Don't want to get into options until I'm seasoned, but it's interesting looking at graphs and understanding a lot more what they are saying.

What's the last cool skill you learneded?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,661 • Replies: 7
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:17 pm
@chai2,
I learned how to fly a 747. Im so good at it that I will, perhaps soon, actually take one up and fly it, cant be any less difficult than learning how to master the vageries of the stock market.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:30 pm
@chai2,
I'm still trying to learn how to tie my shoelaces properly. Getting bored with wearing just either loafers or slip-on boots all the time. (Or flip-flops when in Hawaii.)
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I learned how to fly a 747.

That is majorly cool.

Merry Andrew....I'm going to share something....

I could not tie my own shoes until I was.......get this......at least 11 or 12 years old.

As a child, I had a real disconnect with learning how to do anything physical.

I wasn't all spazey or anything, didn't fall all over myself or down stairs a lot, but learning anything that involved manipulating your own body or an object (like shoe laces) was very difficult and overwhelming. Tied my own shoes at 11 or 12, learned to swim the summer I was 16, can't remember the age when I learned to ride a bike, but I remember being extremely confused by the entire ordeal.

do you really have a problem tying your shoes, or were you joking?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:43 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Andrew

I have one word for you.....VELCRO
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:49 pm
@margo,
Thx for the tip, Margo. I have velcro fasteners on a pair of trainers (is that the right word for 'sneakers' in Oz?). But I still want to master the art of lacing my shoes and tying a pretty bow.
mismi

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 02:25 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Madden 08 (PS2) - I say it is a skill because I have finally figured out what an "I" formation is and a pooch kick - and a squib, and countless other plays - these are all very useful things to know when you live in a house with 4 boys.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:52 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
But I still want to master the art of lacing my shoes and tying a pretty bow.

Hmmmm...persistent, dogged, eh!?

I guess that's a reasonable goal in life.

I always tell people I'm so technically illiterate that I can't even tie my shoelaces. (my tennis partner reckons he's never considered the ability to tie shoelaces a technical skill!) It's easy for me because I usually wear slip on shoes. I guess it's a bit harder if you're a male! You want to look good for your big birthday celebration! Cool

0 Replies