10
   

PRODISTANT CHIRCHS IS EVIL

 
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:40 pm
@Foofie,
The point, which you missed, as you miss almost every other point almost every other member here makes, is your stupidity. It is truly pathetic that you have to be hit over the head with the point that no part of this thread was ever intended to be serious. It is appallingly pathetic that you couldn't tell that from reading the first post.

What a putz.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:43 pm
Just did a search of Prodistant. Got lots of hits, including this thread.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 06:41 am
We are a rumor in our own times.

I'm never surprised when one gets lots of hits searching for a misspelled word.
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:15 am
@Setanta,
What are they pro distance FROM?

Rome?
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:00 am
@dlowan,
And all their vile, Romish, Papist plots ! ! !
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:23 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The point, which you missed, as you miss almost every other point almost every other member here makes, is your stupidity. It is truly pathetic that you have to be hit over the head with the point that no part of this thread was ever intended to be serious. It is appallingly pathetic that you couldn't tell that from reading the first post.

What a putz.


Can I assume you like Saturday Night Live? You see when SNL first started, possibly before your awareness of it, there were really funny skits with John Belushi, and Chevy Chase for example. The humor was well written, and not making fun of anyone in the news. It was self-deprecating humor. No one else was the butt of the jokes. Today, in my opinion, SNL often seems to do skits that to me are attempting to take Bob Hope's sophisticated political humor and turn it into a sight gag for today's audience. Now, a lot of spoofing/mocking could be made of the SNL actors today; however, they are not the butt of their jokes. No self-deprecating humor that I see, mostly humor at someone else's expense, so to speak.

O.K. Now while you make some ad-hominem remarks about me above, with a nice Yiddish phrase (putz - the colloquial term for the male genetalia), let us not forget how you reacted when in a thread of a prior time I addressed you as "Your Lordship." Can you not take a little ribbing yourself?

My reaction to this thread is that I do not like to make fun of anyone else, since one never knows how sensitive someone from that background might be. I learned in the military that this big country of ours has many different groups, some of which are living totally different lives than I did in NYC. It was a shock to find out the whole country was not made up of Irish, Italians, Blacks and Hispanics (the ethnic groups in NYC in my youth). So, as an American, who am I to feel so "superior," to say it is acceptable to be alienated from one or another group, and use them as the butt of any jokes? Nor do I attempt to joke about your encyclopedic knowledge of history. In some circles that would be considered sort of odd at best, I believe.

So, I am a serious fellow. And, for that I get ad-hominems directed at me? Let us just designate my outsider ways as not being part of some "in group." Can you not refrain from standing in judgement of an "outsider"?
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:48 am
@Foofie,
No, i am not particularly entertained by Saturday Night Live.

I saw the first episode of that program in 1975, and rather quickly became bored with it. The skits, although sometimes amusing, were amateurish. SCTV, which has its origins in the same comedy troupe, was far more entertaining, and displayed much higher production values.

You're full of it in saying that the comedy they used did not make fun of anyone, and that it was all self-deprecating. Chevy Chase from the very beginning lampooned Gerald Ford as a stumble-bum. Lampooning politicians and other television personalities was a standard of their humor from the beginning.

I really don't give a rat's ass what your attitude is to lampooning anyone else. I don't, in fact, care if you live or die. I don't need you to tell me what putz means--i used it with knowledge and intent . . . masuganah. The only thing serious about you is that you are seriously goofy. All i've ever seen you do is make comments which did not serve to enlighten any discussion, but which only served to emphasize your ignorance, your unwillingness to overcome your ignorance, and your pig-headed insistence on your dull-witted and uniformed opinions. Tell us again about the purpose of the SA. Tell us again about the archaeological significance of Roman artifacts found in Germany.

This had nothing to do with some "in group." It has to do with paying attention. Shortly before i started this thread, some idiot started a thread which alleged that the Catholic Church (spelled "chirch") is evil. The idiot types his post all in capitals. This thread lampoons that jackass. It is a matter of complete indifference to me whether or not you approve of that. Even being unaware of the provenance of this lampoon, that you took seriously what ought obviously to have been intended as satire or humor is simply another measure, more evidence, of the extent to which you just don't get it, no matter what the subject represented by "it" might be.
squinney
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 10:00 am
@Foofie,
Putz is penis? I didn't know that.

I'm guessing then that a full sentence might read: Please put your putz in my stant.

Would that be correct and proper prodistant usage as long as I include the "Please?"

Joeblow
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 10:07 am
@squinney,
onlee if you spel it write. Its "PLIZ"
0 Replies
 
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 10:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:


I really don't give a rat's ass what your attitude is to lampooning anyone else. I don't, in fact, care if you live or die. I don't need you to tell me what putz means--i used it with knowledge and intent . . . masuganah. The only thing serious about you is that you are seriously goofy. All i've ever seen you do is make comments which did not serve to enlighten any discussion, but which only served to emphasize your ignorance, your unwillingness to overcome your ignorance, and your pig-headed insistence on your dull-witted and uniformed opinions. Tell us again about the purpose of the SA. Tell us again about the archaeological significance of Roman artifacts found in Germany.



So, is "goofy" in the DSM-IV? Perhaps, "Foofie" is in the DSM-IV?

By the way, I do not believe there is any archaeological significance of Roman artifacts found in Germany. I think there is archaeological significance of Italian-American artifacts found in towns with high German populations in the mid-west. As an American and a New Yorker, that is the extent of my interest.

Anyway, your paragraph above should get an A+ for Psaazzz!
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:07 pm
@squinney,
Quote:
Please put your putz in my stant.


Change that to prod my stant with your putz, and we have a winner, Ladies and Gentlemen!
0 Replies
 
Merry Andrew
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:58 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
By the way, I do not believe there is any archaeological significance of Roman artifacts found in Germany.


Wow. That's quite an admission to make. You actually flaunt your ignorance and are, seemingly, proud of it.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:10 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:
By the way, I do not believe there is any archaeological significance of Roman artifacts found in Germany.


Wow. That's quite an admission to make. You actually flaunt your ignorance and are, seemingly, proud of it.


No. It goes with my never buying a Volkswagen, or visiting Germany. Nothing to do with Roman artifacts per se.
Green Witch
 
  2  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:27 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
I guess I am not assimilated enough to truly appreciate all of the goyisha humor on this forum?


Foofie, I also qualify as a NYC Jew and I have no trouble understanding the regulars on this forum. I have to say your cluelessness goes beyond your religion and geographical location. Your posts read like transmissions NASA might receive from inner space. I have no idea whose drumbeat you are marching to, but you march alone.

ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:37 pm
@Foofie,
I can understand shunning VW's, whether or not I agree. I can't understand frozen views of millions of people throughout time, except for massive fright.
Do you consider humans cannot learn? That all humans in a country at war agree on everything? You don't seem to be able to particularize, and so hold a whole segment of the earth as uninteresting forevermore.
Well, not my business.

I just finished a Primo Levi book. I suppose you've never heard of him, Foofie, since he was italian.
Man with a big heart and mind, long involved in jewish memory works.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:37 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Quote:
I guess I am not assimilated enough to truly appreciate all of the goyisha humor on this forum?


Foofie, I also qualify as a NYC Jew and I have no trouble understanding the regulars on this forum. I have to say your cluelessness goes beyond your religion and geographical location. Your posts read like transmissions NASA might receive from inner space. I have no idea whose drumbeat you are marching to, but you march alone.




And the need to point that out is? Please do not think I care about who is, or is not Jewish. My being Jewish is a non-sequitor. My set of experiences, I believe is quite unique, especially for someone from NYC of my background.

But, let us not get personal. I do not stand in judgement of others. I just question a post/thread and others take umbrage, I believe. That is not a problem. This forum is not a reflection of the U.S. That I am sure of.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I can understand shunning VW's, whether or not I agree. I can't understand frozen views of millions of people throughout time, except for massive fright.
Do you consider humans cannot learn? That all humans in a country at war agree on everything? You don't seem to be able to particularize, and so hold a whole segment of the earth as uninteresting forevermore.
Well, not my business.

I just finished a Primo Levi book. I suppose you've never heard of him, Foofie, since he was italian.
Man with a big heart and mind, long involved in jewish memory works.


My "attitude" is my proselytizing one lesson. Jews are not so spineless that when genocide ends they come like good collies to be petted.

So, while I understand that all Germans living during WWII were not into the genocide, or believed in its correctness, I just think the telling point was that there was no great desire for the survivors to truly be repatriated to their countries of origin. In other words, the loss of my meager dollar in visiting Germany, or buying a Volkswagen is of no consequence, since Germany is an industrial nation and will live quite well without my meager dollar.

So, the U.S. population may not have always been so friendly to Jews; however, it has never had official anti-Semitism as Europe had for centuries. So, I just make it known that I downplay the significance of that which is European. No harm done. I am only one mortal.

But, you did seem to show enough interest to discern that something more was going on with me than just being "wierd." I supect you are very much on the right side of the bellcurve.

By the way, while many Germans today say the Final Solution was wrong, do you really think many feel "remorse" or "shame"? I do not. Just my personal opinion.
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:59 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
And the need to point that out is?

I pointed it out because you give this as the reason as to why you are unable to understand what is going on most of the time. The fact that I need to even say that makes me wonder if you even understand yourself.

Quote:
This forum is not a reflection of the U.S. That I am sure of.


Actually, I think this forum is a fairly good reflection of US diversity. There are extreme liberals to extreme conservatives and everyone in-between. Intellectuals and ignoramuses collide. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans and Atheists share their thoughts. We are a little short on African Americans, but the ones who are here are vocal. I've seen people from every state and from big cities and dinky rural towns. There are people who live in luxury condos and others just getting by in double-wides. Foofie, I just think you miss the big picture of pretty much everything.
Foofie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:06 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Quote:
And the need to point that out is?

I pointed it out because you give this as the reason as to why you are unable to understand what is going on most of the time. The fact that I need to even say that makes me wonder if you even understand yourself.

Quote:
This forum is not a reflection of the U.S. That I am sure of.


Actually, I think this forum is a fairly good reflection of US diversity. There are extreme liberals to extreme conservatives and everyone in-between. Intellectuals and ignoramuses collide. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans and Atheists share their thoughts. We are a little short on African Americans, but the ones who are here are vocal. I've seen people from every state and from big cities and dinky rural towns. There are people who live in luxury condos and others just getting by in double-wides. Foofie, I just think you miss the big picture of pretty much everything.


And again, your need to explain what "big picture" I miss is why? The simple solution is to ignore me, rather than stand in judgement of me, since I do not stand in judgement of anyone, regardless of what I might personally think of him/her. Get it?
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 09:11 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
By the way, while many Germans today say the Final Solution was wrong, do you really think many feel "remorse" or "shame"? I do not. Just my personal opinion.
Quote:


I do not stand in judgement of others.


Proof you are clueless, even about yourself.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/13/2019 at 04:57:58