What’s the Real Unemployment Rate the Bush administration doesn't want you to know?

Mame

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 05:03 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

And you mine, babe. How'ya doing??

I kind of gave up on A2K a couple of months back (the shouting and invective finally wore me down), but do now take an occasional stroll around. Always glad to take a poke at BBB for her days as a Union organizer and her still strident views on the subject.

BTW I was up in Calgary a couple of months ago: we were trying to work a deal with SUNCOR on environmental; support for life cycle studies for the tar sands waste ponds. Now with oil below $60/barrel it may not fly - we shall see... Neat town and breathtaking country to the west. (However Calgary must have the world's largest concentration of surly, angry Hindu taxi drivers.)

What's this "Obiwankanobe" stuff?? Why does a good Irish name like O'Brien excite so many variants & nicknames? I once checked in to a fighter squadron and found two other pilots named O'Brien already there. One was known as "OB 1" an d the other as "OB 2". Because I was senior I refused to be "OB 3" so, much to my disgust, I was labelled "OB the most". I was stuck with it for two years.

I hope you are well and happy. You are one of the bright lights here.

I'm so glad to see you here again, Gob1. If you ever get up here again, CALL ME!! I'll take you out for lunch Smile

I've not taken a taxi here so I wouldn't know about surly drivers but it is certainly a sprawling city and with this snow, there are a lot of kerazy drivers out there. It was -20C today and tonight it's supposed to be -30. Cold? Yep!

And yes, I am very well and very happy, thank you. My son lives here and it's such a delight to meet him for lunch or dinner - what a treat.

Oh, and OB1 just cries out for Kanobe after it... sorry... (not). Smile

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:07 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas, Thank you for that link that provides the information according to the boxes you check off in all the different ways they collection information on both employment and unemployment.

That's really helpful in understanding what "really" happens to our work force by year and month.
0 Replies