Petty Irritations--Roadblocks to Serenity

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:51 am
There's only two things I can't stand in this world:

People who aren't tolerant to other people's cultures...
And the Dutch.

(recognize that?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 10:10 am
Dammit Slappy....okay, I got it....Goldmember.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 10:10 am
Michael Caine's line.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:32 pm
Cav--

I agree with you that much of the stupidity that impinges on my life does so in teeny-tiny moments and can be dismissed.

Unfortunately, I've seen stupidity wreck lives. Well meaning but ignorant adults wreck their children's lives.

Why do we all have to wrestle with child proof caps? Because of the stupidity of other adults--and that is just one example.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 01:55 pm
You make a good point there Noddy...I hate those things. Seems to me, just keeping meds out of children's reach makes more sense than all this inane packaging. I once read the instructions on a hair dryer and found this little tidbit: "Do not use while sleeping." Shocked
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 02:51 pm
You'd think the whole "child-proof bottle" thing would be a dead issue by now. I don't have any kids at my place and have no need for child-proof containers.

OK, I get that they go overboard to protect kids. Why not throw a chaepo non-locking lid in the package too? Then the customer can decide for themselves which one they want to use.
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:06 pm
I was visiting family in Douglas, AZ a couple of years ago and noticed several Lamar Signs that said the following: "Remember, never touch power lines!"
How stupid can you be?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 05:07 pm
fishin' wrote:
Why not throw a chaepo non-locking lid in the package too? Then the customer can decide for themselves which one they want to use.

I think you're giving some people too much credit for making the right decision.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:00 pm
littlek wrote:
I think you're giving some people too much credit for making the right decision.

Nah. I'm just not fond of people abdictaing responisbility for for their decisions. Now if some idiot leaves the pill bottle out and a kid gets into it they just point at the package and blame the pill maker for not making it child-proof enough. That happens 3 or 4 times and suddenly it's class action lawsuit time.

It never occurs to them that the bottle never should have been where a kid could get at it to begin with.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:18 pm
right, it never occured to them. Well, I guess you could look at it like darwinism.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:08:29