Petty Irritations--Roadblocks to Serenity

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 09:22 am
Right now I'm annoyed--again--at Pill Packagers, both for prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications.

I assume that the Pill Packers save oodles and oodles of lovely money by buying only two or three sizes of pill bottles. Unfortunately this means that I may have 30-90 teeny-tiny pills rattling around on the bottom of a bottle large enough to accommodate a clipper ship.

I have no room for jewels or important papers in my carry-on luggage. The space is taken up by clattering pill bottles.

What annoys you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,621 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Lazarus

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 09:30 am
I'll tell you what annoys me. Advertisements! Everywhere you are, they are. You can't do anything or go anywhere without having a product or service crammed down your throat. It makes me sick! Only a small percent of a small percent of advertisements have ever made me want to buy the product advertised, and all of them were inconspicuous ads in the back of a magazine. I hate these obnoxious television commercials, roadside signs, pop-ups, etc. I think I'd rather live in a world without an economy!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 09:44 am
Oh, gosh, what DOESN'T annoy me?

The first thing that comes to mind from your example is willy-nilly prescription of antibiotics. I've had this allergy-cold-cough-bronchitis thing going on for a while, decided I needed to go to the doctor. Regular doctor was out on vacation, went to someone else in the same group. Prescribed antibiotics. Fine. Took 'em. Didn't do much of anything. Got a bit worse, in fact. Stuck it out for a bit... maybe I'll be better tomorrow... nope. Getting worse all the time. Went to regular doc, back from vacation. She prescribes... antibiotics. I protest, she points out I'm WAY sick and need them to get better already.

So I take 'em... two runs of antibiotics in less than a month. Not happy about it at all. (I am, however, finally starting to get better.)
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 10:22 am
Sozobe- I've had the same crud for a couple of weeks now. Doctor prescribed doxycycline. Didn't do anything but gave me nausea and diahrrea. I also took two runs. My doctor also prescibed hydrocodone cough syrup. Didn't help my cough, but made me sick and gave me some weird nightmares and paranoia. Also made me itch something fierce.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 10:38 am
Oversize pill bottles I can live with, but how about the over the counter crap that comes in blister packs that can't be opened without a special tool. Think I'm kidding? My pharmacy sells a little tool for removing the tablets. It's like a small, plastic punch press.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:13 pm
Junk mail!!!! It takes time to sort through and glean out the real mail, If you leave it even for one day it piles up something terrible and creates an eyesore on area designated for mail. I've lost important stuff, just because of my impatience with the sorting process, and thrown everything away.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:16 pm
Oh, and things made out of plastic that aren't recyclable. It's scary to think of all that plastic flotsam and jetsam of mine, hundreds of years later, still around, and not because it's collectible.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:26 pm
It's the world in general for me, but glaringly obvious stupidity tops my list, and rudeness.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:33 pm
items that come in those plastic blister packs. last nite i bought a new router for our puter set-up and it took me 1/2 hour to open the damn thing.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:44 pm
Oh, damn. I saw 'router' and thought you might be into woodworking. Yeah, blister packaging. Mostly intended to obscure the quality and useability of a product untill the package is destroyed and the product cannot be returned.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:50 pm
I made a bread board for my mom in woodshop, but that was in the olden days before they invented blister packs Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:52 pm
Indecisive people.

I'm not the most decisive person in the world, but my type of indecision mostly hinders myself and some of my close friends/family. It's about what to order at dinner, whether to go out or not, where to go if going out.....

The type of indecision I'm talking about effects a large group of drivers and can be fatal. I'm talking about indecisive drivers. The people who fake left, fake right, wait wait, where do I go, stop in the middle of the road and think it out type people. Take the damned turn and back track if it was the wrong one..... oy. People realizing that they need to take THIS exit as they are just about passing it who cut across several lanes of crowded highway. Why can't they take the next exit and go back? Boston is notoriously bad for people who don't know what they're doing while driving.

Also pedestrians who take a couple steps into traffic to cross a street that they haven't looked at because they are talking with friends who are either present or at the other end of the line. Hello! Cars drive on streets and they are much bigger than you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 12:58 pm
You go to a grocery store, and you're in line behind some middle aged woman checking out.
Once the total arrives, she then pulls out her checkbook, which takes a good minute of digging through her huge purse.
Then begins writing the check, which takes her another couple minutes, because she has to take her time.
Why can't these morons get the checks written out first, so all they have to do is fill in the amount? Or get on the ball and get a debit card.

Then people at the ATM who take forever. Study every option for 30 seconds before going on to the next step.

For some reason, the two above annoying things seem to happen most with older women. Then again, that's what grocery stores are pretty much filled with.
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:15 pm
Cav- I agree with you. Glaringly obvious stupidity is one of the most annoying things ever.
You know what else is annoying? People who get tatoos on their foreheads. Now don't get me wrong- I'm not talking about the native peoples of wherever who get religious tatoos on their faces- I'm talking about the bloke I saw in Wal-Mart (where else?) the other day. This balding, overweight idiot had all the members of the band KISS tatooed on his everloving forehead! Come to think of it, Wal-Mart is pretty annoying anyway.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:17 pm
Slappy's been shopping at the wrong grocery store - or at the wrong time of day. When I go on friday or saturday evening, it's mostly 20 and 30 year olds.

I agree with the check-writting thing. What are they doing in line while they're waiting for their turn?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:18 pm
wal-mart is very annoying. But, it's kinda fun at 3am.
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:22 pm
Yeah, Wal-Mart is kinda fun at 3 AM. Especially if you are a methamphetamine junkie or an insomniac.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:25 pm
Product Packaging in general. Have you ever ordered something simple (like a flashlight or a pocket knife..) only to have it arrive in a 2'x3' box?

You open the huge box to find a mound of foam peanuts which quickly scatter about while you dig for the tiny item which you then find at the bottom of the box in one of those insidious blister packs that dys mentioned.

Consumer packaging on the whole is a huge waste. Just gimmie what I ordered.
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:31 pm
Another thing that bothers me: When you are in the 8 items or less lane and stuck behind someone with about 30 different things. And of course the cashier will have to do a price check on every other item. Then, while you are checking out the selection of bubble gum and soap opera magazines, trying to hide your utter annoyance, the redneck behind you starts beating her child for asking if he can have a piece of candy. Finally you get through the line and pay for your merchandise, and you walk out of the store. The alarm goes off. Now, the otherwise gentle elderly door-greeter, two casiers, and a manager proceed to check and inventory every item you just bought with extreme slowness and suspicion, while the redneck strolls through the portal, unaccosted, with the candy bar she just stole for her crying rugrat. After the ordeal, you find that some punk kid has dingged your car door.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:33 pm
oh man, don't even get me started on door-dinging, bumper-scraping, side-swiping bastards.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Petty Irritations--Roadblocks to Serenity
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 09:01:12