Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:04 am
The lady Diane and I often eat out for brekkies. I've noticde very many people make a point of ordering their bacon "extra crispy."
Why? Is there any other meat product people prefer to have been burned into charcoal?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,947 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:16 am
@dyslexia,
When you cook bacon "extra crispy", more of the fat is drained off. People who are watching their cholesterol levels like to think that it is healthier for them to eat bacon with as much fat drained off as possible.

My father liked his steaks cooked until it looked (and probably tasted ) like shoeleather.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 11:35 am
There is a very narrow range in which I like my bacon. Slightly crunchy, but not well-carbonized.

This cannot be explained to a server, and expect it to be properly understood in the kitchen.

I no longer eat bacon unless I make it myself, which means I hardly ever eat it.

Soy-based bacon bits are another matter altogether....
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 12:30 pm
@dyslexia,
i like burgers very well done, steak well done.
bacon? .the softer the better, but i don't specify when ordering it...

R(put a rush on it)P
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 05:06 pm
I like chicken wings very well done. I want to be able to crunch crunch crunch through those little bitty bones.

Pig tails have to be roasted until they are crispy crunchy.

If it's fatty, salty meat it needs to be crunchy, crispy, kinda dry.
LionTamerX

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
There is a bacon zone that I always aim for... Slightly cripsy and still chewy. Unless I cook it myself. Then all bets are off.

Aside from bacon, I'm a medium well kind of guy.

Although I guess I like my bacon medium well as well.

And all bacon is swell that ends well.
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 05:22 pm
i like my
http://www.nestle.ca/NR/rdonlyres/7B0025A7-3CE9-4AF9-995A-48A333C91909/0/hub_cta1_img2.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:29 am
@LionTamerX,
You're rotting meat.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:59 am
@Phoenix32890,
Your father and mine must have been relatives, Phoenix, maybe even brothers. Actually, dad didn't even like steak. If he had his 'druthers he'd rather have chicken or a pork-chop. Maybe he thought steak was just like pork -- have to cook it to death. As for bacon, he'd have my head if I ever cooked it for him and then drained it on a paper towel before serving. He saw me doing that once and yelled, "What the hell are you doing? You're draining off all the fat! That's the best part of bacon, the juice!"

He lived to age 81, never had heart trouble and was a relatively slim man. He also loved gobs of dairy sour cream on salads.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 09:25 am
My mother grew up in the days when pork was cooked until any possible critter residing in the meat would be baked to oblivion. I grew up hating pork. I later learned that I grew up hating my mother's pork.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 01:28 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad takes his bacon a bit too seriously, look at his profile.
dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 02:26 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

You so did that.

And, may I say, it is well done, albeit disgusting.

roger

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 04:39 am
I always specify crispy. Last time I had biscuits and gravy with the bacon, I guess I confused them. It was the biscuits that came out crispy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:39 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Ahahaha!

But, I threw up a little in my mouth.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 10:43 am
ewwww
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 11:02 am
@dlowan,
I't spreading.
dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 03:50 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Ewwwww........

I attempt to eschew the eating of the pig because of its intelligence, and will only eat free-range, and very little of that.

I consider that thing an insult.

A carrot I could live with.

0 Replies