In a book about jews escaping nazis in elementary school, i read how they disguised their scent

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 02:54 pm
supposedly it said rabbbits blood mixed with cocaine eliminated the dogs sense of smell immediately..

i cant remember the book now or author, can anyone help?

they got on ships, and fled to a forested area i believe, i cant remember any specifics yet, ill have to go thru my memory some more..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,149 • Replies: 11

View best answer, chosen by OGIONIK
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 02:55 pm
@OGIONIK,
i remember vaguely a y shaped road, and a barn, and in it somewhere they had a funeral and the coffin had stuff inside it, guns i think and they said the person had a disease so the officers didnt open it..
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 02:57 pm
@OGIONIK,
i hate this, its like trying to remember the name of a song u heard years ago, i think i was about 8-9 when i read this. perhaps younger.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:45 pm
@OGIONIK,
dunno, but this page might get you a step closer to finding the book and author...
0 Replies

Aldistar
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 12:31 am
It's called 'Number the Stars' by Lois Lowry. I read it in school too and it was a wonderful book.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 12:52 am
@Aldistar,
thank you very much! all i remember was cocaine and rabbits bloods and then the coffin and stuff..

i wonder if that really works
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:05 am
@OGIONIK,
Had me interested as well. I just read the page here (you have to click the only page the search returns).
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
if it really disables a dogs sense of smell im rich.

jk Razz
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:14 am
@OGIONIK,
told to me to be fact by a friend called wikipedia

"Handkerchief soaked with dried rabbit's blood and cocaine to numb the search dogs' sense of smell "

the implications of this are astounding...
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:17 am
@OGIONIK,
Well before you go off on that mind trip, why not give Aldistar the "selected answer" so this gets off the unanswered questions list.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 01:17 am
@Robert Gentel,
umm i had no idea that was possible
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 06:51 pm
me either!
0 Replies