Quake activity along the San Andreas fault is picking up

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 12:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

One thing about earthquakes is the simple fact that nobody is able to predict the when. We just know it'll come in the future - like other natural disasters.

This is why the recording of observation and analysis of them is so beneficial to future ability to do the predicting. That's what I am attempting to do in this thread in an amature fashion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:11 pm
@Foxfyre,
N Mexico experiences minor quakes (2.5-4.0) almost yearly and range from Taos south, east as far as Carlsbad. also experienced in Socorro, Raton.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:23 pm
The opening of WIPP (Waste Isolation Pilot Project that receives low grade nuclear waste) deep in salt caverns at Carlsbad in Southern New Mexico was delayed for quite some time due to a highly unusual and unexpected moderate earthquake (5.6 as I recall) in the area in 1992. Of course all the anti-nuke folks were on that like crazy demanding that the project be shut down due to high risk, etc etc. Eventually the experts determned that the risk was no higher than before and the facility was opened.

There is still nothing to be gained by obsession or excessive worry about this stuff, but I think it is good to be aware that our planet isn't a big stable rock but is rather an almost living organism with shifting plates, sands, and climate at all times.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:28 pm
This is the recent history of quakes in New Mexico.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/regional/states/new_mexico/history.php

The latest one was just a couple weeks ago.

Magnitude 3.0 NEW MEXICO
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 at 23:27:10 UTC

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 at 23:27:10 (UTC) - Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, February 03, 2009 at 04:27:10 PM local time at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth
5.0 kilometers
Region
NEW MEXICO
Distances
40 km (25 miles) WSW of Trinidad, Colorado
40 km (25 miles) WNW of Raton, New Mexico
70 km (45 miles) S of Walsenburg, Colorado
305 km (190 miles) S of DENVER, Colorado

Location Uncertainty
Error estimate: horizontal +/- 8.9 km; depth fixed by location program
Parameters
Nst=17, Nph=17, Dmin=100.0 km, Rmss=1.22 sec, Erho=8.9 km, Erzz=0 km, Gp=79.1 degrees
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Remarks mbLg 3.0 (GS).
Event ID uscqb3

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 01:34 pm
I believe that is the most seismically active area in the state Buttrfly. At least thats where the occasional little blips usually show up on the USGS event map. There are a lot of old volcano cores and craters all across Northern New Mexico, but a quake big enough to feel anywhere in the state is pretty rare. The only one I've ever experienced personally was the year we lived in Farmington and there was a quake strong enough to sway and gently clank together the metal utensils hung over the stove but I couldn't feel it myself and it only lasted a couple of seconds. We wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been mentioned in the paper.

Our daughter lives in the Santa Cruz area in California and I've always hoped for just a moderate non-damaging earthquake while we are visiting so I could say I had felt an earthquake. But so far, no luck.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:02 pm
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090407/NEWS0805/904070328/1020/news0805

Quote:
April 7, 2009

Sensors help detect first signs of trouble on San Andreas fault

Denise Goolsby
The Desert Sun

High above the Coachella Valley in a remote, rocky area, new seismic equipment has been installed that could eventually warn of major earthquakes.

The spot is among 17 new areas that will host advanced sensors along the southern San Andreas fault " from the Salton Sea to the Cajon Pass.

“If you ask, ‘Where's the next big one likely to occur,' that's No. 1 on the list,” said U.S. Geological Survey geophysicist Doug Given, project chief for earthquake monitoring. The USGS is teaming with the Pasadena-based California Institute of Technology to install the sensors.

The southern San Andreas fault is about 300 years overdue for a powerful earthquake, and scientists are focusing much attention on the shifting occurring near the Coachella Valley.

The sensors “are specifically designed to capture the first break of the southern San Andreas fault. The first break is critical when you're formatting an early-warning system,” said Scott Lydeen of Indio, a member of the USGS Earthquake Hazards Team.

Eventually, scientists say they hope the sophisticated technology can relay information quickly through the earthquake-monitoring network, providing warning " if only just seconds " of a major earthquake rumbling toward a city.

That would provide enough time to shut down elevators, close dams and alert emergency teams, said Charles Koesterer, a USGS field technician.

It's not perfect, but it's a start.

“This isn't a prediction,” said USGS seismologist Lucy Jones, one of the foremost earthquake experts in the nation. “The earthquake would already be under way. It only does you good if you're not where the earthquake begins.”

But “we're quite a ways” from it being useful, she said. “It's research to develop the technique.”

The equipment installed Wednesday in the mountains above Sky Valley, near Desert Hot Springs, contains sensors that measure the velocity and speed the ground is moving and can detect very small and very large earth movement, Lydeen said.

“We're (monitoring) the pulse, the heartbeat of the earth,” Lydeen said. “We can see everything going on in the earth's crust.”

Lessons from Japan

The new seismic stations will supplement the other 300-plus sensors USGS and Cal Tech monitor throughout Southern California, Lydeen said.

New equipment also has been installed in the Mission Creek area, Indio Hills, Mecca Hills and an area south of North Shore, Lydeen said.

Scientists know early-warning systems are doable because Japan uses them, she said.

Japan spent $600 million to set up an early-warning system for one particular area, and spends $50 million a year to run that, she said.

The Japanese earthquake-monitoring program costs about a $1 billion a year, Jones said, “and that country isn't much bigger than the state of California.”

“We have 1,000 stations in the state of California. They probably have 10,000,” Jones said.

The 1994 Northridge earthquake " a 6.7-magnitude shaker that killed 92 people, injured more than 9,000 and caused about $20 billion in damage " spurred the development of more advanced earthquake-monitoring devices, said USGS field technician Bill Curtis.

The new sensor stations were made possible through $650,000 in funding from the USGS Multi-Hazards Demonstration Project.

The project focuses on Southern California hazards, including coastal erosion, earthquakes, floods, landslides, tsunamis, and wildfires, Given said.

The national economic stimulus package also will bring $140 million to the USGS, some of which will be used to improve earthquake monitoring, Jones said.

“We are planning to add more,” she said, “and the southern Andreas will continue to be a focus.”

In November, agencies from throughout Southern California staged a “Big One” exercise to help prepare people for a major earthquake that would cause 1,800 deaths, 50,000 injuries and $200 billion in damage.

The scenario called for a quake that starts on San Andreas fault near the Salton Sea and rumbles its way through the Coachella Valley and onto the Los Angeles area.

If such a quake hit, scientists say, sections of freeways would collapse, water and gas pipes would burst, and certain high-rise buildings and older structures would fall.

Additional Facts
Earthquake facts
The earliest-reported earthquake in California was felt by the exploring expedition of Gaspar de Portola while the group camped about 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles in 1769.

Each year, the Southern California area has about 10,000 earthquakes. Most are so small no one feels them. Only several hundred are greater than magnitude-3.0, and only about 15-20 are greater than magnitude-4.0. Large earthquakes, however, will produce many more aftershocks of all magnitudes for many months.

The average rate of motion across the San Andreas Fault Zone during the past 3 million years is 2 inches a year, about the same rate at which your fingernails grow. Assuming this rate continues, scientists project that Los Angeles will be a suburb of San Francisco in about 15 million years.

The largest recorded earthquake in the United States was a magnitude-9.2 that struck Prince William Sound, Alaska, on Good Friday, March 28, 1964.

The largest recorded earthquake in the world was a magnitude 9.5 in Chile on May 22, 1960.

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:15 pm
http://www.digitaljournal.com/print/article/270664

Quote:
Opinion: Earthquake Predictions: To Heed or Ignore?

Before the critics got their briefs up in too much of a bunch, a little critical thinking should have been done.

So Giampaolo Giuliani has been correct in his earthquake predictions a few times, but he’s also been wrong.

Even Dr. Lucy Jones, who has earned a worldwide reputation as a seismologist, working for the U.S.G.S. out of Cal-Tech in Pasadena, California, said the release of radon is no accurate predictor of earthquakes.

Sometimes earthquakes occur after a radon release; sometimes they don’t. In fact, for all the studies, she said seismologists absolutely cannot predict quakes; all they can say is ‘maybe,’ I.e. the recent cluster of quakes we’ve had in the past few weeks in the Salton Sea area at the southern end of the San Andreas fault.

Those quakes have set off alarms of the pending 'big one,' but they can just as easily be taking pressure off the San Andreas as putting it on. No one knows.

In Southern California, we take her word for what she and her fellow seismologist, Dr. Kate Hutton of Cal-Tech say. We’ve been watch them for years and taking their “always be prepared” advice.

Well, some of have anyway.

Those of us who were around for early wake up call of the 6.6, 1971 Sylmar quake that destroyed the V.A. hospital in Sylmar, two freeway interchanges and just about collapsed the Lower Van Norman Dam, remember well seeing Jones on television, holding her infant son in her arms, calming our nerves and telling us exactly what happened and preparing us for aftershocks.

Because of lack of sufficient communication between agencies, they couldn’t even decide whether to evacuate the 40,000 residents who lived below the dam. Evacuation orders were sent out, reversed and put into effect again. The dam was drained to avert a disaster and then its use was discontinued.

The “experts” can’t even agree on whether the Italian quake was a 6.3 or a 5.8; I’ve heard both. They also couldn’t agree if our most recent “big one,” the Jan. 17, 1994, Northridge quake was a 6.7 or more than a seven. Rumors flew that it was at least a seven or greater, but the government wanted it to be less, so it wouldn’t have to shell out so much relief money.

Let’s put it this way. If you were here, just five miles from the epicenter, you, too, would swear is was at least a seven. I always figured the ’conspiracy’ thing was nonsense, because it would have been impossible to have a vast conspiracy involving hundreds of seismologist around the world to make it less than it really was.

To evacuate because of the threat of an earthquake is tenuous at best when only a general area is suspected of being affected and there is no time or date-certain of the anticipated event.

And if they could evacuate a huge population, when would they know when it's safe to send everyone home?

Even the tiny hamlet of Parkfield, California, population 18 or 900 depending on whom you ask, has the reputation of being a harbinger of San Andreas activity, with earthquakes at a predictable regularity…until it stopped, and can no longer be relied upon. They’re still waiting their long overdue quake.

Eighteen or 900, Parkfield could be evacuated, but what about the 30- to 40-million population of the great greater Los Angeles area, which extends from Santa Barbara to San Diego, half of whom are illegals and not even next year‘s census, let alone the I.N.S. will catch, leaving everyone in the dark as to how many people actually live here.

Even if it were an absolute, positive, no question about it fact that the San Andreas will fracture on a date and time certain, as it’s been threatening to do for years, what’s a government to do?

Be prepared! That’s what to do.

Take note all you millions of people who live in the New Madrid fault zone.

And if you get the crazy idea to issue a warning of the coming -- it’s a sure thing -- event, you better damn well have the National Guard on hand with loaded guns in tow, if they’re not still wasting their lives and time in Iraq, while you’re giving out the warning, because what will inevitably follow a dire warning is panic and looting in advance of, or concurrent with a mass fleeing of the city by a panicked populace.

Nothing frightens like an earthquake. There’s nothing to shake one’s feeling of security than to have stable, sure-footed ground move under one’s feet.

Prediction miscues are everywhere.

For all their technology, even the U.S. Weather Service does a lousy job of predicting where a hurricane will strike, and they have satellites and sophisticated computers to come up with different scenarios of where and when.

With all of that, half the time they’re wrong, and a hurricane takes a last minute turn and hits an un-evacuated area. We’ve lost track of how many times residents of various Florida, Texas, Louisiana and Alabama cities have evacuated, all for naught.

Likewise, in Los Angeles, the local news has been telling us for days that a ‘major rain storm’ is coming, so we put away all the garden tools, clear leaves and such from the drain covers, walk around and turn off all the auto sprinklers, replace rotted out windshield wipers and generally clean up to have less of a mess to clean up after the rain that never shows up.

What's happening right now is a good example. Early last night the sky spit a few drops of water, and that was the “big” storm. They predict and nothing happens. The opposite occurs, too. They predict a few showers and we’re pounded by mud slide-causing torrential rain.

It’s gotten to the point of “when I see it, I’ll believe it,” so why should I or anyone listen to predictions of an earthquake or anything else?

At this very moment, the sky should be shrouded in dark clouds and vast amounts of water pouring from it. In stead, the sun is shining so brightly through my office window, I just had to draw the drapes to block it out, and the Weather Channel isn’t showing one green blip anywhere in the area.

As for earthquakes, my house was built before all the earthquake building regulations were put into place after the Sylmar quake, yet it was built to meet what few earthquake specifications were in place at the time, and the wood framing is bolted to the concrete foundation.

So far it’s survived two major quakes with suffering no more than minor cracks. I don’t know if it’ll survive a third; only time will tell.

But if someone knew ’fer sur’ that the San Andreas were to rupture and warnings of the impending “big one” were put out, I would not leave.

And living in Southern California, where would one run to by car that would be far enough away to be safe?

Not Las Vegas; they’ll feel the effects, too. Not San Francisco. San Diego couldn’t hold everyone and it’s at the southern end of the San Andreas. Oregon and Washington aren’t safe either, if absolute safety is what you’re looking for.

No, it would be safer to stay here than to battle the maddening crowds trying to escape the city, quaking in my boots and waiting, but I would have fortified the earthquake supplies I’ve had on hand for years and wait…wait…wait.

The truth is, it's never safe to live in an active earthquake zone. Every minute there is a fifty-fifty chance that an earthquake will occur...or it won't.

As for predictions, does anyone really believe that the world as we know it will end on Dec. 21, 2012?

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:18 pm
There are four spots along the San Andreas that have been experiencing swarms of small quakes for about six months, the Salton Sea region of Southern California; the Gysers near Cloverdale and the region near Hollister in Central California; and just off the coast above Eureka.

If you live near the fault have you updated your emergency preparedness plans and supplies? If these newly installed monitors indicate a high probability of a big quake occurring, would you evacuate the area/move or stay in place and hope your preparations and buildings protect you?

Today's California map from the USGS looks like an aerial view of several ant hills with connecting trails between the nests.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/index.gif

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/special/California_Nevada.gif
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 01:42 pm
This article has an excellent check list for emergency preparations.

http://www.noozhawk.com/local_news/article/033009_earthquake/

Quote:
Prepare a Home Earthquake Plan

» Choose a safe place in every room " under a sturdy table or desk or against an inside wall where nothing can fall on you.

» Practice DROP, COVER AND HOLD ON at least twice a year. Drop under a sturdy desk or table, hold on, and protect your eyes by pressing your face against your arm. If there’s no table or desk nearby, sit on the floor against an interior wall away from windows, bookcases, or tall furniture that could fall on you. Teach children to DROP, COVER, AND HOLD ON!

» Choose an out-of-town family contact.

» Consult a professional to find out additional ways you can protect your home, such as bolting the house to its foundation and other structural mitigation techniques.

» Take a first-aid class from American Red Cross-Santa Barbara County Chapter. Keep your training current.

» Get training in how to use a fire extinguisher.

» Inform babysitters and caregivers of your plan.

Eliminate Hazards

» Bolt bookcases, china cabinets and other tall furniture to wall studs.

» Install strong latches on cupboards.

» Strap the water heater to wall studs.

Prepare a Disaster Supplies Kit For Home and Car

» First-aid kit and essential medications.

» Canned food and can opener.

» At least three gallons of water per person.

» Protective clothing, rainwear, and bedding or sleeping bags.

» Battery-powered radio, flashlight and extra batteries.

» Special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members.

» Written instructions for how to turn off gas, electricity and water if authorities advise you to do so. (Remember, you’ll need a professional to turn natural gas service back on.)

» Keeping essentials, such as a flashlight and sturdy shoes, by your bedside.

Know What to Do When the Shaking Begins

» DROP, COVER, AND HOLD ON! Move only a few steps to a nearby safe place. Stay indoors until the shaking stops and you’re sure it’s safe to exit. Stay away from windows. In a high-rise building, expect the fire alarms and sprinklers to go off during a quake.

» If you are in bed, hold on and stay there, protecting your head with a pillow.

» If you are outdoors, find a clear spot away from buildings, trees and power lines. Drop to the ground.

» If you are in a car, slow down and drive to a clear place (as described above). Stay in the car until the shaking stops.

Identify What to Do After the Shaking Stops

» Check yourself for injuries. Protect yourself from further danger by putting on long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, sturdy shoes and work gloves.

» Check others for injuries. Give first aid for serious injuries.

» Look for and extinguish small fires. Eliminate fire hazards. Turn off the gas if you smell gas or think it’s leaking. (Remember, only a professional should turn it back on.)

» Listen to the radio for instructions.

» Expect aftershocks. Each time you feel one, DROP, COVER, AND HOLD ON!

» Inspect your home for damage. Get everyone out if your home is unsafe.

» Use the telephone only to report life-threatening emergencies.

Here are some additional helpful links:

This one discusses the controversial info about drop, cover and hold vs void space and continues to recommend the drop and cover method.

http://www.earthquakecountry.info/dropcoverholdon/

Here are lots of charts, maps and graphs showing the swarm of 450 small quakes in the Salton Sea area in Southern California.

http://www.scsn.org/

More specific info on preparedness:

http://www.daretoprepare.org/

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:17 pm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090409103346.htm

Quote:
California's Central Coast Earthquake Hazards: New Information About Recently Identified Faults

ScienceDaily
(Apr. 15, 2009) " Seismologists are re-evaluating the earthquake potential of the Central Coast, a very complex tectonic region located west of the San Andreas Fault, between Monterey Bay and the Western Transverse Ranges. This area of increasing population growth ranks as one of the top 40 U.S. metropolitan areas with significant earthquake risk.

Speakers from the US Geological Survey, PG&E and academia have compared fresh data to illuminate the complexity of faulting in the central California coastal region.

Three talks will use separate datasets to focus on the California Central Ranges, Hosgri Fault Zone and nearby faults:

Fault structure of the California Central Coast: Jeanne Hardebeck, US Geological Survey, will present and interpret new earthquake relocations and focal mechanisms for earthquakes occurring along the central California coast, including the offshore region near San Luis Obispo. A prominent newly-observed feature is a 25 km long linear trend of seismicity running just offshore and parallel to the coast-line in the region of Point Buchon. This seismicity trend is accompanied by a linear magnetic anomaly, and both the seismicity and the magnetic anomaly are truncated where they obliquely meet the Hosgri Fault. Focal mechanisms indicate that this feature is a vertical strike-slip fault.

Geophysical characterization of the Hosgri Fault zone: High-resolution marine magnetic and seismic-reflection data collected offshore Point Buchon show that the Hosgri Fault represents a complex zone of steeply dipping faults that varies significantly in character along strike.

The boundary of a northwest-trending linear magnetic anomaly off Point Buchon corresponds to a linear trend of small earthquakes, suggesting an active fault. Continued interpretation and geophysical modeling of magnetic, seismic reflection, and seismicity data will help determine whether or not the magnetic boundaries are fault boundaries, and if so, how these structures relate to the Hosgri Fault Zone.

Constraints on 3-dimensional structure from gravity and magnetic data: V. E. Langenheim, US Geological Survey, will present analysis based on a new physical dataset that is sensitive to magnetic properties of rock, mapping fault boundaries. Her research suggests complex, non-linear features with intersecting faults. Fault and basin geometry will be important for estimating shaking potential of scenario earthquakes.

The presentation "California's Central Coast Earthquake Hazards: New information about recently identified faults," is presented in the session entitled California's Central Coast Hazards on April 9, 2009.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:22 pm
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/hawaii-island-hit-51-magnitude/story.aspx?guid=%7B5AE7C463-E9D9-422C-B4BF-E3A3E17D01CE%7D&dist=msr_6

Quote:
Hawaii Island hit by 5.1 magnitude earthquake

By Wallace Witkowski
Last update: 7:03 p.m. EDT April 14, 2009Comments: 10
SAN FRANCSICO (MarketWatch) -- A 5.1 magnitude earthquake shook Hawaii Island around 3:44 p.m. Pacific time, or 12:44 p.m. local time, on Tuesday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The epicenter was located 8 miles south of Volcano, Hawaii.

Is it time to check out the tsunami warning system in preparation for Hawaii's huge landslide shelf letting loose?

http://tsunami.geo.ed.ac.uk/local-bin/quakes/mapscript/home.pl
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 10:37 pm
Los Angeles had a 5.0 quake about an hour ago. We felt it all the way down
to San Diego, especially on the coast here. Epicenter was close to LAX

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Quakes/quakes_big.php

A few aftershocks since

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/dyfi/

chai2

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 06:33 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

A few aftershocks since

Oh no...
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:51 am
@CalamityJane,
There have been a few larger than 4.0 in California in the last week.

I was just commenting a couple nights ago to BBB about what a difference it makes not to be living in a place where I am constantly aware and sensitive to every slight tremor of ground movement, whether caused by heavy winds, a bus driving by or the many small quakes we have on a daily basis.

I didn't realize how uptight I was about it until I had been away from it for several months. I only noticed the difference when a large gust of wind shook the house here and that same feeling returned for a split second before I remembered I wasn't in California anymore and relaxed again.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:54 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:

A few aftershocks since

Oh no...

Oh no? That's not a bad thing, as long as nobody was hurt!

Little quakes are good things... they let off pressure before the big ones can form.

Cycloptichorn
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 10:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
You guys had a 4 pointer there on the Hayward fault last week, centered 2 miles from Berkeley.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:08 am
@Butrflynet,
I didn't realize how conscious folks in CA are of that until our California kid (Santa Cruz area) was here for a visit and was concerned about the large painting hung just above the headboard of the beds--ours and the one assigned to her and her husband. Raised mostly in Kansas where earthquakes are essentially non existent, she got a kick out of the little quakes when she was a student and working in Palo Alto until the World Series Quake of 1989 which among others things she described as very definitely 'not fun'. As you described, you learn to live with the fear, but it is always there just under the surface.

Until I was 'cured', I had an irrational fear of storms. As a child it was almost incapacitating. As an adult I handled it better but the feeling was still horrible. Now I love storms, but every once in awhile an unexpected lightning flash or a scene such as the opening scene in "Twister" will very briefly run one of those old tapes and I just for a moment feel that old gut wrenching fear. It is such a relief when I can now dismiss it, smile, and consider it a curiosity.

I wonder if one could learn to love earthquakes? Probably not huh?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:17 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

You guys had a 4 pointer there on the Hayward fault last week, centered 2 miles from Berkeley.

Really? Didn't feel a thing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:19 am
@Butrflynet,
Yes, it still somewhat amazes me to not be concerned about stuff falling off of shelves. I am getting more used to not worrying, but there's a remnant of surprise/disbelief. Between Los Angeles and northern california, I've spent most of my life in earthquake land.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:20 am
@Butrflynet,
Looks like a whole bunch concentrated in Southern California. I guess Northridge was one of the worst ones they had down there, but that was so long ago, I don't even remember what year that was.
0 Replies