Does Anyone Else Here Hate McDonald's?

Gargamel

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:48 am
I stopped eating that garbage nine years ago.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:57 am
@The Nexus,
there is an article abotu a woman who saved a hamburger since 1996 in a tupperware thing, it looks brand new.

yeah, sure changed my mind about ordering off the dollar menu, u get what u pay for.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:59 am
@OGIONIK,
gargamel, i stopped about 6 months ago.

oh my god, but carls junior?

western abcon cheesebrger? my first bit of fast food for months.
now if i can quit coca cola, i would be set. but i cant, its impossible Sad
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:35 am
@OGIONIK,
I wouldn't know. I've never been in a Macs.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:45 am
There is nothing wrong with the people of McDonalds. They have to make a living too and if working fast food is what they choose, they have more stamina and more work ethic then I do.
I tried fast food jobs.. lasted one ******* day Laughing
Then I tried working at Taco Bell.. same story..

I do not understand why people eat that stuff though. We are not meant to be consuming garbage..but for some reason our society has begun to accept garbage, and chemicals as "food" and if someone labels it " less sugar, low carb, low fat" we consider it health food , and jump through hoops to eat it.
Lemming mentality.. come on people.

Cj is absolutely right when he says that most everything hs been genetically engineered. That is not the issue with foods. What the issue is , is what else is put into foods. Most super common chemicals you find in foods now can fall into one of three categories -
1) addicting
2) cancer ( or disease ) causing
3) builds up in the body because it can not be cleaned out

Yet.. we all smile and applaud companies like Quaker oats for putting out a 'less sugar' oatmeal bar for our kids to eat in the morning filled with corn syrup, yellow dye, surcalose, and god knows what else.
But hey!!!! its less sugar!!!! Very Happy
cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:51 am
@shewolfnm,
What chemicals are in an all beef patty from McD's? The ones they fed the cows? I'm pretty sure they're not putting melamine in there to up the protein content, like they do at McChangs.
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 03:21 pm
@cjhsa,
I read that female hormones were added to the diet of stores to fatten them faster. That might explain why Macs use macho images to promote their product. I have first hand knowledge regarding mass chicken production.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 03:43 pm
@shewolfnm,
I agree with you shewolf.

I find it funny when I see people buy frozen/boxed stuff that's labeled as all natural, or one of the many other attractive terms.

So, you can buy this frozen stuff and go through these directions of cooking, stirring for so long, browning, letting it simmer, coming back to add their natural sauce, etc.

Why can't you just chop up some of you own ingredients, fresh one's, and do the same freaking thing? Confused

I've never worked at a fast food place, but I once was going to work a part time job for like dominoes or something, at their central phone bank taking orders.
I left after about 45 minutes.

I just couldn't keep all those toppings straight, and type them in while the customer was rambling on about some special with extra spam or lupines or something.

When did getting a pizza get so complicated?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:06 pm
@The Nexus,
I admit their soggy food is nothing to do somersaults over, but I do like their bathrooms. They are usually clean and they never have one of those signs that say "restrooms are for customers only". I travel around a lot and it can be hard to find a business that will let you use their bathroom. I always feel welcome to use McDonald's.
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:20 pm
@Green Witch,
One might have some fun with that GW.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:23 pm
@spendius,
You may indulge yourself with bathroom humor at my expense, if it amuses you to do so.
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 04:34 pm
@Green Witch,
I think I'll pass on this occasion.

But any wit would have smirked at the least with your previous post.

T'was you who introduced bathrooms don't forget.

Bathroom humour amuses everyone in Great Britain except for fundie Presbyterians. I'm not exceptional in that regard. Rather twee actually compared to some I know.

I know one lady who has no interest in current affairs who watches Sky News whenever Anna Botting is on.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 05:35 pm
@Green Witch,
off subject a little....I've heard that fact that brits love bathroom humor.

I reread GW's post a couple of times, and couldn't for the life of me find any source for amusement, and you know me, I can find humor in almost anything.

I guess to an Amurcan, it's just a straightfoward comment with no undertones.

meh.
spendius

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:00 pm
@chai2,
My jest, chai, was based upon business ethics. That if a business enterprise welcomes you to do something it is probably to its advantage rather than your's.

It's one of Mailer's bottom line philosophies. He was American.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:45 pm
@The Nexus,
No, I don't hate McDonalds at all. Indeed, whenever I feel homesick for the food I ate in Germany, I go to McDonald's and have some. I'm loving it! (TM)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:48 pm
@The Nexus,
I really don't "hate" McDonalds, because they have pretty good coffee for seniors at a discount.
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They are tempting you seniors is as "extras" to make the place look busy during the day when all the juniors are busy doing other things.

Discounts are not posh you know ci.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:53 pm
@spendius,
Don't ever worry about "posh." It's the "value" that counts. Wink
spendius

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 06:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What brand of toilet paper do you use ci. ?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 04:10 pm
@spendius,
Mid-priced.