Concerts and Performances Your First

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:09 pm
My first rock & roll concert was Jethro Tull and Rory Gallagher, festival seating at Balboa stadium in San Diego, 1976.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:11 pm
fbaezer wrote:
The first concert I paid my ticket for was with Thelonius Monk.

Fantastic way to start your "live music education," Boss . . .

Quote:
"I Love my Shirt".

Always a big favorite of mine, especially when i was tri . . . er, high, you know . . .
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:26 pm
The Tull concert was for the Aqua Lung and my shirt, well it said: TO YOUNG TO DIE - TO OLD TO ROCK & ROLL. The contact high was high.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:28 pm
"Back in those days", I worked and toured with several bands, both known and unknown, as "light and sound crew". I got to see many, many of the groups of the day, in venues ranging from smoky little clubs to grass-covered meadows. Perhaps the greatest benefit of being a "Roadie" in those days was that just about any "Perk" that got to The Band was filtered to them through the roadies ... among our duties was the responsibility to be certain the performers got "Only the Best". It was tough work, but ... Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Cool

timber
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:33 pm
Those were the days weren't they. It all sort of ended in the late 70s when prices went sky high and body searchs to enter. I actually slept through a Genesis concert.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 07:55 pm
My mother took me to see Sha Na Na
Did it impact me, I dont think so really....it was great fun and we all dressed up and had a marvelous time so, that was good, musically though Im diverse and have been to many different concerts...although mostly rock n roll.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:52 am
I think it was '79 - Blue Oyster Cult at the Boston Garden.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:18 am
My first real grown-up date was to a Supertramp concert in 1976, Chris de Burgh opened. It was at a small hockey arena - did they know about acoustics?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:52 pm
Jackie Wilson at the Regal Theatre in Chicago. Mid 1960's. Too young to appreciate his performance but got a kick out of seeing the women in the audience fight for the items he threw out. His shirt, tie, cufflinks. I think he ended his show in just his t-shirt and trousers.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:36 am
The BSO in Boston.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 11:49 pm
I went to a concert by country-music-legend Hank Williams (Sr.) when I was about five years old. It was an electrifying performance that I shall never forget.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a country music fan. But I make an exception for the work of the late Hank Williams.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:05 am
1st rock concert was the Stones, thier 1st tour at Manning Bowl in Lynn Mass, I must've been 12 or 13. My buddys dad was a dj, front row seats on a high school football field. All downhill from there...

BSO at Symphony Hall when I was younger.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:38 am
williamhenry3, I can't stand Commercial Country Pop. I can't stand any commercial pop genre, for that matter. But 'Roots" Country, Bluegrass, Jazz, Rock, and Soul are pretty typically "Good Music" performed by "Good Musicians". The Music Industry today moans about sliding profits and declining sales. It seems not to have occurred to them that might just be because fewer folks are buying their formulaic, pre-packaged, glitter-wrapped crap.

timber
0 Replies