I'm Turning 40 This Year

dyslexia

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:46 am
I'm proud to say once I sat across the table from littlek, even bought her a beer but she was younger then and so was I. She brought a smile to my face I shall not forget.
Thomas

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:39 am
@dyslexia,
You lucky bastard -- she does have that effect on people, doesn't she. But don't fool yourself: she never liked you!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:00 am
You all are funny, thanks for the much-needed laughs!
Thomas

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 10:06 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
You all are funny, thanks for the much-needed laughs!

At the risk of embarrassing you: I don't know that the fun is entirely intentional.

It is a hard fact that you have a wonderful, perfectly timed sense of humor, which only people who've met you in real life can fully appreciate. (By the nature of online conversations, most of your timing gets lost in them.)

It is also a hard fact that your presence in a room makes everybody in it feel comfortable and open up. You may not be fully aware of this; after all, you can't observe the group dynamics in a room you're not in, so you have no way of comparing. But trust me: this gift you're displaying there is unmistakable, remarkable, and rare.

And oh, I almost forgot: You're a better mom to your cat than most moms of humans are to their children.

All this makes it trivially easy for bystanders to smile in your presence. To point this out isn't necessarily funny -- it's just saying it like it is.
aperson

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 01:05 am
@littlek,
Have a party and get real boozed up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 04:13 pm
@Thomas,
Well thanks, Thomas!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:52 pm
@Thomas,
dun good, Thomas, you silver-tongued devil, you!
Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:32 pm
@margo,
Quote:
dun good, Thomas, you silver-tongued devil, you!

Now if you could do the same for a certain Aussie poster of wabbity chawactewistics, I can stop hiding out in the Blue Mountains and return to my home.....
margo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 08:35 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
Well, Thomas hasn't met her, has he?

I'm sure he would if he could!?
Thomas

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:55 am
@margo,
I have. Twice.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:56 am
@Thomas,
You've met dlowan twice?! and there were no reports?!
Thomas

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 09:01 am
@ehBeth,
Oh -- I thought Margo meant littlek. (I was a little confused about her remark. Now it makes sense.) No, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the wabbit yet.
margo

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
@Thomas,
I'm heading wabbit-wards (briefly) next month!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:47 pm
@margo,
Will there be exposure to wabbits?
margo

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 08:50 pm
@ehBeth,
's'possible.....
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:55 am
@margo,
You'll be sure to give us a full report, won't you, Margo?
margo

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 04:23 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I'm keeping it low key - or I may be the person waiting in dlowan's house for the deliveries / plumber / electrician...on her other thread! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 01:46 am
@littlek,
Quote:
Re: Diest TKO (Post 3468931)
What are you waiting for?

Let's check the old Things To Do......

-Buy Tequila - check!
-Price Watches - check!
-Add new 'Red' things to Redrex thread - check!
-Propose Marriage to Single Women on A2K...... don't bloody think so!!

Stillwater's back on the shelf, ladies.
littlek

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 06:04 pm
@Mr Stillwater,
We all knew you were never OFF the shelf, Stillwater.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2009 08:22 pm
Ha! I stopped posting before I actually had my 4oth! A big party never materialized. Everyone is always away just before xmas, or not here yet. My lil sis and family were supposed to arrive on my birthday, but weather delayed their flight (by several days!).

My brother and our life-long friend took me out and fed me food and drink. They even gave me presents. Later, after xmas, I had a birthday with the rest of my family, a brunch at a nearly dead cape cod restaurant. I had a week of birthdays.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 01:12:42