Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:09 pm
Cult, or secretly running the government?

Explain
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 16 • Views: 6,729 • Replies: 41
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:16 pm
@Ferostie,
d. None of the above.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:26 pm

Quote:

Who controls the British Crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, we do.
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do.
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do.
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 05:53 pm
The Freemasons have fallen on hard times, apparently. It used to be you had to know one and ask if he'd sponsor you if you wanted to join. Now in Massachusetts they're actively recruiting new members. Even made a substantial emolument to the local NPR affiliates to get a plug on the air. Had something that amounts to a job fair at a Boston hotel. What are sercet societies coming to?
roger

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 06:09 pm
@Merry Andrew,
That's the secret.
chai2

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 06:17 pm
@roger,
Barack Obama is a Freemason.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 04:19 am
I think you have to be a Freemason AND a member of the Skull & Bones to become President......
chai2

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 05:22 am
@Mr Stillwater,
well duh...
LionTamerX

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 06:57 am
@chai2,
Most of our founding fathers were freemasons, and a good deal of our best presidents.

Also, Ernest Borgnine.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 07:49 am
@LionTamerX,
How true.

Also J. Edgar Hoover.

As for the founding fathers, the Sons of Liberty, who were plotting the Revolution here in Boston, used to meet secretly at a Masonic lodge to throw the Redcoats off the scent. The British army was always breaking up seditious meetings and arresting the attendees. But they'd never have dared suspect that what appeared to be a meeting of Masons could be a cover for traitorous plotting.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 10:43 am
This is the first I've heard that Sen. Obama might be a Freemason. If so, that would be a definite plus in my books, but is it true? So far as I can determine, the notion rests upon a handshake. During one of the Presidential debates, Sen. Obama is shown using a "Masonic" handshake with the moderator and a "regular" handshake with Sen. McClain. That seems to be the evidence for this surprising notion. Within the Fraternity we do have a number of symbolic ways of identifying ourselves to one another, but exchange of a "secret" handshake implies that both parties already are aware of their mutual membership. Possible in the case of Sen. Obama, but unlikely.

As I read through the Google hits, it became evident that many, perhaps most of the assertions were intended to be both anti-Masonic and "anti-Obama". And, they were filled with the usual nonsense one so often finds when outsiders talk about the Brotherhood.

Sen. Obama attended Harvard, and so the suggestion that he is a member of Yale's Skull & Bones is obviously incorrect and just an attempt at smearing the candidate. I'm not privy to Skull & Bones, but it isn't hard to imagine that they have been tarred with the same conspiracy BS that our Fraternity has over the past couple of hundred years. All of the Masonic and Skull & Bones people I've known over the years have been exceptional men, men of very high principles with a deep love of country and a finely tuned sense of honor and duty.
LionTamerX

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 11:22 am
@Asherman,
I always suspected that you were on the level.
Asherman

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 11:42 am
@LionTamerX,
And, obviously you are a square.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 02:12 am
@Asherman,
Quote:
the suggestion that he is a member of Yale's Skull & Bones is obviously incorrect

No. It is ironic. I won't post the definition here, but suffice to say if someone from an Anglo-centric nation says something that may not be in keeping with the thread, it is probably the use of 'irony'.

For the record:
-the 41st and 43rd Presidents are card-carrying members of the Yale 'Skull & Bones' - as was their Nazi-worshipping, grave-desecrating sire, Preston Bush
-however, all of them ARE NOT (probably) Freemasons. I don't base this on any hard evidence. Only the suspicion that even the ******* Masons have to have some sort of standards about who they let in!
-However, if a paternal submission to Masonry is a prerequisite to possible membership (possible, I say) - then the SON of Admiral John Sidney McCain, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet during the Vietnam War, may be
Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 04:24 am
@Ferostie,
We have already chosen the next President. But its a secret until Wednesday.

Letty

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 05:28 am
@Steve 41oo,
Poe's The Casque of Amontillado was based on the secret society of the free masons as was Johnny Depp's movie "From Hell".
ebrown p

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:00 am
@Steve 41oo,
Quote:
We have already chosen the next President. But its a secret until Wednesday.

This year, it hasn't even been that secret. This was from months ago.

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 06:58 am
@ebrown p,
masons have fascinated me, since i was young i have been interested mainly in philosophy(ers) secret societies (masons) religion and history...

honestly i think somewhere, someone does knows more to history than everyone else.

i remember watching something about mason conspiracies...

and symbols... maybe it was zeiteist or something..

0 Replies

Ferostie

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:34 pm
@ebrown p,
Where did that video come from?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 08:46 pm
I am a mason...but I ain't free.