The science of farting

fbaezer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 04:41 pm
Somehow I feel relieved.

Farting is good for your health... it controls blood pressure, specially if they're stinky.

It says so in a scientific paper.

http://www.livescience.com/health/081023-farts-blood-pressure.html

Quote:
The unpleasant aroma of the gas, called hydrogen sulfide (H2S), can be a little too familiar, as it is expelled by bacteria living in the human colon and eventually makes its way, well, out.

New research found that cells lining mice’s blood vessels naturally make the gas and this action can help keep the rodents’ blood pressure low by relaxing the blood vessels to prevent hypertension (high blood pressure). This gas is “no doubt” produced in cells lining human blood vessels too, the researchers said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,081 • Replies: 18
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 04:55 pm
@fbaezer,
MICE have high blood pressure?
fbaezer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 05:24 pm
@dlowan,
You should know better, rodent.

How stressed would you be if you were held in a laboratory, and had to run through mazes all the time?
dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:00 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

You should know better, rodent.

How stressed would you be if you were held in a laboratory, and had to run through mazes all the time?

I'm not a rodent, she said icily.
fbaezer

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:14 pm
@dlowan,
Any way, if a science student can make a mouse epileptic, why can't a scientist make a mouse with high blood pressure?
NickFun

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:24 pm
@fbaezer,
Maybe I should refrain from belching so I can engage in this healthy habit more frequently.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:44 pm
He extends his index finger to those present.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:57 pm
@farmerman,
That reminds me of a joke where little Fritzi was farting and stinking up the classroom. The teacher ordered Fritzi out of the room and while walking out, he was smiling big time. He was asked by the irritated teacher: "What's there to
laugh, Fritz?"
"I am laughing because I am getting into some fresh air and you have to sit in
this stinking classroom."
kuvasz

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 06:59 pm
speaking about this subject here's what you do. stand in a crowded elevator, or church, or wedding, or on a double date, and let one rip, then immediately turn to the next guy and exclaim in disgust, "good god man, that's nasty!"

however the chances of NOT getting in a fight are about zero.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 07:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
Very Happy .

0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 08:47 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
Farting is good for your health...

Yes, definitely! Proudly fart where no man has gone before.

The only possible drawback may be a collective human race fart may not be great for the ozone layer. Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

He extends his index finger to those present.

http://cdbaby.name/b/r/brianweeks3.jpg

http://www.unoriginal.co.uk/pull-my-finger.html
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 11:02 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

Any way, if a science student can make a mouse epileptic, why can't a scientist make a mouse with high blood pressure?

Because it's just wrong.
NickFun

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 01:00 am
@dlowan,
I thought we already had a mouse with high blood pressure.
0 Replies

Jenifer Johnson

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 01:19 am
@CalamityJane,
That also reminds me of a joke.

A boy goes to pick up his date but has a lot of gas on his stomach. The father meets the boy at the door, and offers the boy a chair where a dog is lying under then waits with him while the girl is getting ready. As he is sitting there, he slips out a little one, hoping no one will hear or smell it. The dog's name is Rastus, and in a disgusting voice, the father says "Rastus!". The boy thinks to himself, good he thinks it is the dog, so this time he lets out a bigger one. Again, the father in a louder and more disgusting voice says "Rastus!" Thinking he is safe, the boy let's it all go that has been building up.

The father yells "Rastus!, get the hell out from underneath him before he shits on you!"
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2021 07:51 pm
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2021 11:33 pm
MADtv - Brian's Secret Skill (Fart Sketch)

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2021 08:37 am
I read that Queen Elizabeth's favorite story is about the time she was in a horse drawn carriage with President Ronald Reagan, when one of the horses let out a huge fart.

"Oh, my, " exclaimed the Queen, "I am so sorry."

"That's quite alright," responds Reagan, "Actually, I thought it was the horse."

She is know to occasionally say to family members, "I thought it was the horse."
0 Replies

ElsieVasquez

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 08:04 am
@fbaezer,
thx for info
0 Replies