Nightclubs are hell. What's cool or fun about a thumping, sweaty dungeon full of posing idiots?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:43 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I suppose if somebody does not enjoy it then indeed, why bother? But I think God gave humans a capacity for abstract appreciation for all sorts of things in various degrees of enjoyment of color, a great view, a magnificent cloud formation, crashing waves, a clear night when the Milky Way looks like whipped cream in the sky. And music. Many of these things can evoke emotion, sensual pleasure, and other physical response. And for at least some of us, certain music almost forces us to move to it. To dance. I wouldn't pretend to understand why the pleasure of that is sometimes enhanced by two people moving in unison, feeling the same beat in the same way, and trusting each other and themselves in an almost mystical way. Of course I grew up when people still touched each other when dancing. It can be sexual but does not have to be to produce a special pleasure.

Dancing can be stupid. But it can be really great too.

(Steps off soapbox)
I enjoy astronomy and some music. I bought (bawt)
100s of records of it. Jumping around, waving your arms n legs
or walking around in circles (thay walk in circles and call it square dancing)
makes no sense to me, tho I see no harm in it.

Since the age of 11,
I have disapproved of trusting
and I suggest that everyone keep that to a minimum.

David
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:45 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You probably wouldn't appreciate this kind of square dancing either then huh David? Smile

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
@Foxfyre,

If people wish to take the time to demonstrate agility,
there is nothing rong with that. I 'm not saying that dancing is BAD,
just a pointless waste of time, it seems to me.
If folks like to do it, then thay shoud do it.

David
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 11:32 am
I make a great deal of my living in clubs....to find me in one in my off time is a major rarity.....I'm unable to get people to come to my house and give me money to sing.... (probably a good thing) so I have to go where they are....
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 12:14 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Same with my daughter who is brilliant at her occupation by day, and a bass player in a blues band on occasion by night. But she rarely goes to clubs unless she has a gig.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 05:48 pm
@Foxfyre,

I can conveniently play my instrument of choice, the radio,
at home, without need of going out to any clubs.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:24:25