Not To beat a dead horse,but Why in god Do we trust again?

mrhunt

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 02:39 am
Refering to american currency of course.Im Not offended Or anything but Like....Is America REALLY That much of a Christian Nation that its On our ******* currency?

correct Me If im wrong but do foriegn Currency's Reflect a Religion on their notes as well?Especially in a day and Age Where Religion and beliefes Have become So incredibly Diverse In the united states it just seems strange To Have Religion Or a Semi Religious Statement on there.

And i know it could be interperted as Anyones "god" So I Do suppose This Would Revert back to Us athiests.....And dont get me wrong cause im not offended,Im not trying to change it Im just trying to sorta understand The History and Reasoning behind it Is all.

wouldnt more practical purposes be there instead? Further measures to Reduce counter fitting?Further Microprint?barcodes Or Holograms Like One bill ive seen in i think France or somewhere?

discuss it.....aaaaaaaaaaand........GO!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 07:22 am
@mrhunt,
Quote:
Why in god Do we trust again?

God only knows.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:17 am
@mrhunt,
"In God We Trust" on monopoly money still doesn't give it much value, but games are being played by our government for imagine value.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:25 pm
@mrhunt,
This was something enacted by your congress in 1864. In 1956 "In God We Trust" was adopted as America's national motto.

I assume that it would take another act of congress to change it.
hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 10:29 pm
@Intrepid,
was congress on a "job creating" spree by spending time and money to redesign money ? <GRIN>
hbg
0 Replies