***SALE*** Bargains Galore/ Get 'em While They're Hot!

talk72000

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
I believe that is what they will do. Print a lot of funny money to minimize the trillion dollars of mortgate based certificates and the insurance on the defaults to ease the credit crunch. Inflation is not so bad compared to depression. They wouldn't want their buddies jumping of the bank's upper floor windows as that would put a huge crunch to their campaign funds.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:16 pm
@talk72000,
they will, they have decided to bail out the financial sector now and worry about the resulting inflation later. Kick the can down the road, let somebody else deal with the problems.

We have gotten very good at this, do it without much of any pangs of conscience. Arn't we great!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yup, and let's not forget to give the rich more tax breaks.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2008 07:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
of course, always got to hand out more wealth to the wealthy and keep them happy, so that they don't get into a snit and ruin the entire economy by putting societies' wealth that they have been allowed to control to work against the society. They can't be counted on to do the right thing, I don't know....BECAUSE it would be the right thing to do.

God Bless America
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:38 pm
A very "funny" thing is happening with older men; they're beginning to realize that their retirements savings are shrinking. They're not so keen on McCain any more, and more are choosing Obama to help them recoup their losses. Funny, because they were the stubborn ones till last week.
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2008 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Do you mean ci. that they haven't learned any lessons despite having lived for sixty of seventy years?

I wouldn't rely on Mr Obama to help me recoup any losses. I fend for myself.
0 Replies