The difference between philosophy and religion

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 10:33 am
Anyone want to take a gander at the real defining matter or thought that differentiates philosophy from religion?
I have put allot of time into this one lately. I have some interesting ideas. I would like to see if anyone can express or approach the same view I have perceived.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 11,438 • Replies: 77
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 10:57 am
I will give a hint:

The answer has to do with "time".
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:16 am
Another hint:

From each and every given point in "time" throughout life we are faced with many possibilities.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 02:44 pm
The line is drawn at zero. Zero begins every possibility. Zero begins everything. Zero is between the line of what is "known and unknown".

simply put:

What defines religion from philosophy, is the conceived existence of an all knowing Omni being that can give REAL- "time" knowledge, wisdom and spirit to any possible situation, versus a decision based upon a set of self mirrored structures, constructs and narrow historical designs created by the superstitious lottery of the limited human mind.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:05 pm
No matter how we philosophize only an all knowing Spirit can KNOW the many possibilities at any given moment in time and choose the most beneficial path.

I call this the law of circumstantialism. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:16 pm
Humans micro manage, where the spirit multi-manages.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:34 pm
Hi RR, do you feel lonely? LOL
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 03:48 pm
Quote:
The difference between philosophy and religion

Philosophy seeks truth; religion purposefully distorts it.
NickFun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 04:27 pm
@JTT,
I am a Nichiren Buddhist. It is much more a life philosophy than a religion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:00 pm
@JTT,
I believe philosophy studies to find what truth is.
RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Hi RR, do you feel lonely? LOL

Angels.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I believe philosophy studies to find what truth is.

Truth is only known by the Omni.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:46 pm
A real-time truth derived by human speculation can never compare to truth obtained from the Omni.
NickFun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2008 11:59 pm
@RexRed,
Do you have any direct proof of this assertion or is this just what you believe?
RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:29 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Philosophy seeks truth; religion purposefully distorts it.

Religion becomes philosophy when religion is used to justify the turning away from the wise will and council of the real-time Omni God.

Philosophy (human wisdom) can also be used to distort and dilute divine wisdom.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:45 am
@NickFun,
Quote:
Do you have any direct proof of this assertion or is this just what you believe?

Consider if there is no real time Omni God that knows the future of our own small private microcosm of life, no amount of philosophical maneuvering will reveal the answer to the God algorhythm. So either way philosophy ends at the wonderment of a knowing being that is greater than the capacity of the human mind to "know" things. Philosophy will always lack divine consideration where religion only lacks divine consideration when it becomes philosophy.

The proof is in the performance of divine will over our own limited perspective.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 06:59 am
No amount of historical (time/past) philosophy is able to reveal or prepare one for the real-time complexity, dilemmas and uncertainty of circumstantialism.

Only an Omni being can know with certainty which of the many possibilities and choices, which we are confronted with at any given moment, will bring good tidings.

Human philosophy and intellectual wrangling next to this idea of a greater being with actionable information and foreknowledge seems, at best, inept.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 08:47 am
IF, there is no Omni being, then there is no hope in ever overcoming the enormous unknown of circumstantialism. Without the Omni being we are then given a life without a clear path. Either way, philosophy still simply remains a narrow minded exercise in vanity and superstition. The law of circumstantialism reveals the human limitations of philosophy. The human mind has no eye of God without God.

Philosophy often either denies the existence of God or claims this God is unknowable. This God is only unknowable when we take our own ideals and magnify them over direct divine revelation. The possibilities are known and revealed only by the Omni.

Philosophy only works when life is in the state of ideals but once life reaches realism, then real-time circumstantialism changes the equation and requires a knowledge greater than the limited human knowing condition is capable of. Humans work on problems and circumstantial dilemmas and ideals in a serial manner where only the Omni mind can perceive and reveal logic, life, virtue and time in parallels.

Isaiah 59:10 KJV
We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if we had no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; we are in desolate places as dead men.

Comment: Only the Omni can bring sight to the blind who walk in desolate places.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
@RexRed,
RR, The only evidence we have of life is what we can observe; we are born, then we die. There is no evidence of an afterlife. The afterlife is based on myth from the cultures that believed in such things.
RexRed

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2008 09:37 am
Thanks for the vote down to "zero" again... If I don’t' kiss the ass of you ignorant liberal turds I get voted down. Why bother here when you all deserve to stew in you own stupidity and spiritual deprivation.

How dare I disturb your blissful idiocy!

Whoever voted me down, I hope your evil hand withers and falls the hell off! Those who didn’t care to vote these words of edification up maybe “the father” will neglect to write your name in the book of life.

Cowards use their vote to vote me down because they are too weak to match wits with the likes of me! Why? Because you know your opinions are errant and nothing but self glorifying dogma.