Crowd cheers suicidal jumper to his death

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 04:37 pm
'How far can you bounce?':
The extraordinary taunts of sick ghouls who jeered as a teenager leapt to his death

Quote:
A jeering crowd taunted a suicidal teenager as he threatened to jump from the top of a city-centre car park.

In a shocking indictment of modern Britain, youths who gathered in the street below yelled at 17-year-old Shaun Dykes to kill himself over the course of three hours.

One allegedly shouted: 'How far can you bounce?'

The A-level student eventually plunged 60ft to his death after police negotiators tried in vain to talk him down.

In a final sickening act, some of those responsible for the abuse outside the Westfield shopping centre in Derby rushed from behind the police cordon to take pictures of the teenager's body on their mobile phones.

Yesterday police branded the mob's behaviour at the scene of Saturday's tragedy a 'shocking reflection on society'.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 2
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 04:45 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Reminds me of the time I watched a girl fall from about thirty feet in a club to a cement floor below. Her dress hiked up a little in the fall, and as she lay there dying from severe head trauma, there were actually guys laughing and making crude jokes about her body. It made me sick. I think it is mainly young people who do this stuff, because they don't yet comprehend the concept of death.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 05:01 pm
It's truly sad, but not that surprising. Even in the last 100 years public executions and lynchings were cause for a picnic. No one really cared if the person was guilty or innocent.
0 Replies