A2K Fantasy Hockey

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 01:06 pm
@JPB,
I sent an email that responded to his email that he sent in response to your email that informed him that he would receive another email officially inviting him.
fbaezer

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 06:56 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
Got the invite, but not the password.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 07:01 pm
@fbaezer,
I don't think there is a password fbaezer. You use the link in the email that takes you to the league site. You sign up and then it redirects you back to the league page. The Email comes from ESPN.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 07:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
Also the league is filling up pretty fast. If any real hockey fans want in after we're full, I'm just doing this because I like learning new things and I like the company, but I can still harass folks on the A2K thread. I'll volunteer to drop out.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 08:36 pm
@fbaezer,
You better show up, Zap...
fbaezer

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 08:55 pm
@Rockhead,
I'll show up if I receive the ESPN mail. I received the Yahoo! mail.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 05:29 am
@fbaezer,
Send me your email address FB: [email protected]
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:56 am
Dear Hockey Managers~

My son, whom I refer to as "Clive" here on A2K, has signed up.
He's managing the Boston Jamaicanmecrazy team. Although he
has used his real name at the ESPN site, I'd consider it a great favor
if you would not use it here.

Thank you.

~George
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:48 am
@George,
He can change it. When I registered at the site, I didn't realize my name would show up on the roster either. So I went back and fixed it. But I would hope none of us would use those names here.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:56 am
RJB and fbaezer,

You guys need to register at least one hour before the draft tomorrow. FB I'll send you an invite as soon as you send me your email addy. RJB you should already have an invite.

As Far as names go... I assumed that while on the forums we would continue to use our forum names.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 11:25 am
All right... all the invites are sent out. We should have 13 people in the league which means we will have to stick to rotisserie scoring. All that means, is that instead of going head to head like football, we are all competing against each other. Team with the highest score wins.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 12:32 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
I got the invite but I am having trouble registering on ESPN. It lets me regesiter but then it says I need to adjust my computer's setting to allow cookies. I followed the instructions but it sends me back to the beginning. One of my employees suggests that at some point I may have blocked cookies from ESPN . He says I can retrieve a list of blocked sites and he would write down how to find it, but we got busy. I doubt I will be able to fix it by Friday. But if you can end up with 12 players you can have matchup play.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 12:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
Do try RJB. Wouldn't be the same without you. And maybe there's still time to recruit one more team?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 01:18 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
FB I'll send you an invite as soon as you send me your email addy. ...

Isn't it listed on the FF yahoo site???
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 01:24 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ahhh.... yes it is... I'm an idiot.

I was looking for it in the wrong spot. He sent it to me anyway so we should be all set up.

RJB,

Once it takes you back to the beginning what happens then? You should try to make it in time. I would miss your rhyming talents.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 02:30 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
I will send you an alternative e-mail address (Fantasy Football) you can send an invite to. If I see that the league already has an even number of players, I will refrain.
I follow the instructions to allow cookies on espan: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced > Override auto cookie handling > Always allow session cookies > ok > Close computer.
When I restart and try to log-in to ESPN, it sends me back to you need to log-in. And around and around.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 03:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
No RJB, if you get in and it would be more fun to have an even number of players let me drop out. I don't know a dang thing about hockey and am just doing this for fun. I could possibly share a team with El Stud even. So do NOT not join if you can get in.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'll resend the invite. There will be 13 players with you, but please join anyway. I'd rather have you play than have an even number of players.

As far as cookies go, I'm more of a mac than PC man..... but is there a list of disallowed cookies any where? You may have already denied ESPN at one time so you may have to reset that rule. Also, is there a setting that is something like "Ask to add cookie when navigating to site"? You might want to try that one.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 03:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
You could always register on another computer and try to fix the cookie issue later. Can you use a friends or neighbors computer just to register?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 03:21 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
That is the plan. The other email is the one at work.
0 Replies