Lovatts Oct Big 188 Starhunt 1

Dogz

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:36 pm
Hi, I am having a lot of trouble getting started with starhunt number 1. I have completed everything else in the book ready for posting. At the moment the starhunt grid is covered in white-out and I am really frustrated. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

shirlz

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:40 am
@Dogz,
Hi Dogz,

Bottom left side running down was my start. Its voodoo. Am happy to just give you the answer if you want it. Your call name reminds me I must go groom my old english sheepdog ready for dog school tonight.

Get back to me if you need more clues or just the answer.

Cheers. Shirlz.
Dogz

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:14 am
@shirlz,
Thanks so much Shirlz. I had teepee, and assess. Hadn't thought of voodoo.

Old English Sheepdog eh? They are beautiful dogs, but too high maintenance for me as I have 2 young children as well. I have a beautiful old Dobermann, and also had a staffy but lost him to a snakebite a few years ago.
I collected the phonecards Dulux put out featuring the Old English Sheepdog they used as a mascot. They are so noble looking. I love them to bits. I can't get used to the shorn look that the dogs up here in Qld mostly have. But then again, when I see a Dobe with a tail it still looks weird to me as I grew up with Dobes that my parents used to show, so I'm used to the docked look.

Sorry for prattling on. Have a good night at dog school!
shirlz

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:05 am
@Dogz,
Hi again Dogz,

I too am in Qld. Brisbane north side. I keep my girl in full coat all year. They are natural born clowns and great with my grandchildren. Re the tail issue, I refused to have one with a tail so had to import this one from New Zealand. As for the beautiful Dobermann breed. The tail just looks sooo wrong. Thanks for the interaction. We seem to be so few these days and I miss so much watching the chit chat that was a feature of the old system. Thanks. Had a great night at school.

Shirlz.
Dogz

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:01 pm
@shirlz,
Hi Shirlz,
I grew up in Strathpine. Know the northside well. I am out west. The tail docking issue is still a pretty touchy topic with a lot of people. I love dogs (and all animals) to bits and would never impose any cruelty upon them, however the tails are just not meant to be. You must really love your dog to get him/her imported. What's her/his name?

I used to use PM a lot here, and really miss that feature. A lot of the "old crowd" of puzzlers from the old system don't seem to pop up much anymore. It's a shame it all had to be changed. I prefer it the other way.

Do you do obedience or agility at school? Terrible tick season already, isn't it. Our local vet has a sign up that he changes regularly, and at the moment it's 14 cases treated. Keeping my eyes peeled.
Talk to you later.
shirlz

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 05:28 pm
@Dogz,
Hi Dogz,
Would you believe I am in Bracken Ridge. Almost next door to your old stomping ground. Infact I train Molly at Strathpine obed. club (Bells Pocket Rd) on a Friday night but was at the metropolitan club at Chermside last night. We train there Mon. &Wed nights with S/pine on the Frid. Re taildocking,what gets me with my particular breed is that the sheep they were born to protect have their tails removed to prevent fly strike but the dogs who have the same woollen coat are no longer allowed to be done. I know of 3 OES breeders who now no longer breed for that reason. Ticks are rife here too. Girlfriend works at Kallangur vet surgery. They lost 5 dogs to ticks last week. We do obedience only at present. When she has all those titles we move on to tracking to get the next set of titles(husband is a tracking judge)
Why they took pms away frustrates me. We shouldn't have to subject all others to our chit chat. Wold love to email and chat of our combined interests.
Have a great day. Shirlz.
Dogz

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 06:28 pm
@shirlz,
Hi Shirlz,
Sorry it's been a while. With school hols, and then back to school, things have been hectic. Even neglected the poor crosswords!
I know the Strathpine obed. club. It's been there for a very long time now.
I am happy to swap emails but wonder if there is a safer way to do it than just posting it here for all to see. What do you think?
Have you seen the latest Dulux ad on tv? All the OESs running with sticks to stir the paint. It's great. I've only seen it a couple of times, but love it!
I agree with the tail issue re sheep and their tails. You make a very good point. I have been thinking about a Weinmaraner for a number of years now, but again the tail issue rears its ugly head. Anyway, we could talk forever on this, so let me know what you think about the email swap, and let me know. All the best, Dogz
Dutchy

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2008 07:18 pm
@Dogz,
About time you showed up Dogz, I thought you'd gone forever, what's new in your world of crosswords? Smile
Dogz

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:10 am
@Dutchy,
Hi Dutchy. I just go through stages when I am so busy or tired, or there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day, and I seem to neglect the computer time. But I'm here again, never fear Laughing
As for the crosswords, I am still struggling with a couple of Cryptics and also a couple of Monster Collection, both in the Holiday Collection book. No doubt you will hear about which ones soon, hint hint.
Also still going in the Cluewords. Waiting patiently for the Big, and Colossus, and Mega to come out again.
Keeping well Dutchy?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 02:40 am
@Dogz,
Hi Dogz, thank you for your courteous reply, yes I'm keeping really well, glad you're back. Don't struggle to long with your Cryptics and Monster Collection, only to pleased to assist a busy and tired lady, you know where to come. Smile
0 Replies