Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Almond flour - be still my heart! I know I'd like that, whereas I'm raising my eyebrows re me liking soy flour. Do you get it at Whole Foods? We have one here but I haven't been to it for something like five years. Or is it at TJoes? Hate to order it online, re postage. Well naturally, I can check their websites.
Hmmm, maybe the Co op.

I live in the sticks, no Whole Foods and no TJoes (I wish). We do have a couple of excellent health food stores and a Co-op that carry an interesting selection of flours. This is the brand I like http://www.bobsredmill.com/
ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Gluten Free Albuquerque suggests the Walmart superstore for some of Bob's Red Mill products

http://www.glutenfreealbuquerque.com/WalMart.html

who knew?

(the best place is apparently the commissary on the AFB)

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:46 pm
@Questioner,
Hah. I put ground flax seed in one of my mostly unbleached flour slow rise breads lately, and it tasted fine.. I play around with whole grains, going from hardly any to quite a bit.

When I was a kid, my mother got into making yogurt and us all eating a lot of wheat germ. Yaaaaaak, I was quite bratty about all that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
Those look good! I of course used to like both jam and sugar on top, for the crunch. Bad girl.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:53 pm
@Green Witch,
We even have some bobsredsmill in my local store, which is snail-like becoming more interesting, but nothing so advanced as almond flour. But - maybe I can con another small store into ordering some. Will do some research.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 08:57 pm
@ehBeth,
I haven't even been near the AFB..

WalMart, huh. I need to nose around there anyway, and it is actually not too far.

(On that subject, the city where we fought WM off in the early 2000's, primary reason we won being its proposed location, is apparently now getting one.) I haven't completely followed that since it now costs moolah just to read our old rather miserable newspaper online.

Thanks for looking.
0 Replies