Hey hey: FRACTALS!

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 08:18 am
Howdy, Lazarus here. I'm a big fan of fractal geometry, both artistically and mathematically. I appreciate the inherent beauty of the fractal. Do you? Do you love spirals? Does the Mandelbrot Set get you frisky? Mmmmm. Julia. Aghllgh. Yummy.
Has anyone ever seen fractals during a dissociative or psychedelic experience? Why is that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,243 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:14 am
Oh please. Don't tell me you guys have never taken acid before. I've seen your avatars.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:25 am
No you haven't it's all a trip man. ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:28 am
I love the look of fractals, for sure...but I have never seen them spontaneously, as it were.....
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:34 am
Heh heh. I'm not that far gone! Whoops, gotta go, man! I think those CIA bastards have bugged my hearing aid again. Gotta get the Drāno.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:38 am
I have - now promise not to judge. But, once while on shrooms, ahem...I was singing and I swear the music in my head behind my eyes, was swirling and weaving in fantastic colours and patterns.
I could have been part illicit substance, stage lighting, heavy drum beats and awesome harmonies but I'll never forget the experience, but I have also never repeated it either.
Ceili
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:42 am
Beautiful, Ceili. It's amazing. I'm not condoning illegal substance use or abuse now, understand me, but isn't it just wild? Many of those hallucinations are self-similar.. And several other non-drug-induced things too, like trees, embryonic development, mountains, clouds, spiral galaxies, et cetera. Yowzers!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:44 am
I read a long time ago about the work of a scientist named Lilly. I think he did work with sensory deprivation. He wrote of common patterns that occur among subjects,like grids, and spirals in sensory deprivation hallucinations and in chemical induced hallucinations. You could probably find info on this easily on the web.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:53 am
I believe this is the guy:

http://www.johnclilly.com/
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 10:03 am
Ooohh. Yes, I've read about his work. Thank you for the link, fealola. Very interesting stuff. I am interested in isolation chambers. Has anyone ever experienced one?
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 10:14 am
Can someone tell me how to post a picture?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 12:15 pm
Here you go, Lazarus - from the Forum Help Forum:

Tutorial - How to Post an Image
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 12:32 pm
Thank you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 12:41 pm
You're welcome and welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lazarus

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 01:22 pm
Thank you.
0 Replies

MBanks43

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 04:28 am
Isolation Tank and Fractal Hallicinations
I have experineced an isolation tank experience, infact I plan to keep on using them. They are a great way to relax and explore your mind. I have also experienced hallucinations of fractals whilst being given notrous oxide (laughing gas).
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:16 am
I had a fractal-vision when I spent 7 hours to plot them on PC screen using a program in BASIC :wink:

That point I just knew how to print "Hello World" on screen though Razz
0 Replies