@Foofie,
Your seem to guess .... whatever.

Have a nice day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:32 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
You subscribe to this paper for its ...???

What is your interest in posting on this thread? do you have anything of interest to add to it?
Foofie

Fri 28 Nov, 2008 11:46 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Foofie wrote:
You subscribe to this paper for its ...???

What is your interest in posting on this thread? do you have anything of interest to add to it?

Oh; I am Jewish (secular), and I find it interesting/silly/often in poor taste, IN MY OPINION, when a bunch of goyim (aka gentiles) find a need to poke their noses into the business of a very small percentage of the Earth's population. Especially, when that interest comes from ANYONE that is European, since it is my personal belief that many Europeans thought that, of all the bad things that the Nazis did, the one thing that was often appreciated was getting Jews out of their respective communities (throughout Europe). So, I believe only, Russians, British, Danes, Americans, South Americans, Chinese, Dominicans have the ETHICAL right to be curious about the goings on of Jews, since these were the only few groups, that I know of, that made any effort to save/protect Jews from the Nazi onslaught.

Perhaps, a gentile European would feel the same, as I do, if a few Jews were having a discussion about Europeans, as though Europeans were something to be analyzed, critiqued, observed under a microscope. In effect, treating them without the etiquette, they would like to be afforded themselves? You know, being treated like an object, rather than a person of equal social stature.

Have I answered your question?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 28 Nov, 2008 12:33 pm
@Foofie,
I understand.

So you actually jump in in my threads with your ... response, because I have no right to post here.

Foofie

Fri 28 Nov, 2008 03:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I understand.

So you actually jump in in my threads with your ... response, because I have no right to post here.

You have every right to post here about whatever you want. I was talking about what might be considered appropriate. or inappropriate, in some circles. You know, like eating a ham sandwich at a Bar Mitzvah. It is all subjective.

I cannot read minds, but since I would not enjoy an Oktoberfest like you might, it might perplex some people that I have my opinion. Just an opinion. And actually, I am glad if you do not see my point; it gives credence to my overall opinion of some cultures (being a believer in sociology as what makes us tick, so to speak).

And, what I honestly find the most interesting is that you refer to my "jumping" into your thread. "Jumping" has the inference, I believe, of someone who might not belong; you know the "perennial outsider." Now, please follow: your thread is about Jews. I am Jewish. You are not. You are an individual that is quite aware of his nationality. Your nationality was involved with carrying out the Holocaust against Jews 60+ years ago. So, you are not in any way culpable for that atrocity. However, your interest in Jews might just make any Jews reading this thread (started by yourself) as somewhat as an enigma. Why the interest. In your childhood, Germany was made Judenfrei? Again, why the interest. Perhaps, some Jews might just like to be invisible to Germany and its citizens, since they might just treat Germany as invisible when planning a European vacation.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:34 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

You have every right to post here about whatever you want.

Thank you.

Foofie wrote:
I cannot read minds, but since I would not enjoy an Oktoberfest like you might, it might perplex some people that I have my opinion. Just an opinion. And actually, I am glad if you do not see my point; it gives credence to my overall opinion of some cultures (being a believer in sociology as what makes us tick, so to speak).

If you would have noticed the "numbers" below my name on the left, you would have known that I'm no Bavarian.
I have never enjoyed any Octoberfest. The only one I've ever been was in Chicago, last year in May.
Besides that, I don't drink alcohol.

Foofie wrote:
And, what I honestly find the most interesting is that you refer to my "jumping" into your thread. "Jumping" has the inference, I believe, of someone who might not belong; you know the "perennial outsider." Now, please follow: your thread is about Jews. I am Jewish. You are not. You are an individual that is quite aware of his nationality.

Yes, but only since I had to get a passport when flying to the USA.
And during the football World/European Championship.

Foofie wrote:
Your nationality was involved with carrying out the Holocaust against Jews 60+ years ago. So, you are not in any way culpable for that atrocity. However, your interest in Jews might just make any Jews reading this thread (started by yourself) as somewhat as an enigma. Why the interest.

Because I'm a German with that history. And especially, because I studied history.

Foofie wrote:
In your childhood, Germany was made Judenfrei? Again, why the interest. Perhaps, some Jews might just like to be invisible to Germany and its citizens, since they might just treat Germany as invisible when planning a European vacation.

'Judenfrei' is a Nazi term. I'm not aware that someone uses this besides in the historic term or he/she is a Nazi.

If you asked me if no Jews lived lived in Germany in my childhodd, the answer is that there were some thousands. (12,000 "displaced persons" - as the Jews were called by the US - stayed here.)

As said, one of my best friends is a member of the Central Council of German Jews. Thus, I know quite a few all over Germany... besides those I know around here.
I don't think, they are invisible. Nor are those, who explore there ancestry here.

ehBeth

Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:44 pm
@Foofie,
No you have not answered my questions. Specifically, what information/comments do you have to add specific to the thread's topic?

Although it is somewhat interesting to once again read about your small world and small circle of interests, I am more interested in why you are posting here when you don't appear to have anything to add on topic.
Foofie

Sat 29 Nov, 2008 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

No you have not answered my questions. Specifically, what information/comments do you have to add specific to the thread's topic?

Although it is somewhat interesting to once again read about your small world and small circle of interests, I am more interested in why you are posting here when you don't appear to have anything to add on topic.

Apparently an enigma. That is fine, since I prefer not to ameliorate your curiosity. Just my own preferences a la Bartleby the Scrivner by Herman Melville.
0 Replies

Foofie

Sat 29 Nov, 2008 05:23 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you for your very specific response. You are a mench, in my opinion.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 30 Nov, 2008 02:34 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
You are a mench, in my opinion.

Drai mir nit kain kop!
Foofie

Sun 30 Nov, 2008 05:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foofie wrote:
You are a mench, in my opinion.