Privates !!!!

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 01:10 pm
Taken from Yahoo! news;

World's oldest genitals found
LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists have discovered fossils of the world's oldest genitals -- belonging to 400 million-year-old insects -- in ancient rocks in Scotland.

The penis of the ancient harvestmen insects, commonly known as a daddy-long-legs, was two-thirds the length of the body and remarkably similar to the modern-day species, New Scientist magazine said on Wednesday.

"The discovery of the world's oldest genitals proves that little has changed over the last 400 million years -- at least for daddy-long-legs," the magazine said.

The previous oldest penis, which dated back 100 million years and was found in Brazil, belonged to an ostracod, an early crustacean related to crabs, shrimps and water fleas.

I'm sure we all feel better for knowing that. Rolling Eyes Exclamation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 790 • Replies: 9
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 01:50 pm
I could make a joke about millions of years of hardness, but I won't.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 02:23 pm
You mean you won't do it again right?
Oddly enough I think Brazil is the place with the record for hardness. A guy using some drugs that I can't recall thought it was just fabulous to spend all of carnaval at attention.

He channged his mind about the frivolity afterwards.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:02 pm
This is great news :-D Thanks for sharing SG ;-)
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:27 pm
Laughing ⅔ the length of it's body, would that be hard or soft please Question :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 11:19 pm
Ahem. I thought this was going to be a thread about the military.

Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 02:29 am
Laughing We have ways of making the ladies read the "dirt". :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 10:19 am
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 11:51 am
lol! here's an article about the previous 100million year old record, taken from New Scientist...I saw this a while ago.....

-----
A perfectly preserved shellfish fossil over 100 million years old has revealed a surprising feature - the oldest penis in the world.

The fossil, a one millimetre-wide crustacean called an ostracod, was found in Brazil and examined by David Siveter at the University of Leicester. It was preserved with its shell open displayed another surprise - not one but two penises.

"We think there are two penises as they evolved from a set of appendages. The female also has two vaginas and their copulation may last from a few seconds up to a few minutes," says Siveter. "They display the longest and most ostentatious display of sex in the fossil record."

"Although we have recognised gender in the fossil record for 500 million years this is the first example of a penis of this age," he adds.

Most ostracods are tiny marine creatures, but they have the largest sperm to body ratio in the natural world - up to ten times their body size. Those with the largest sperm have needed to devise a special system to enable them to fertilise a female.

"They have to use a type of bicycle pump to eject the sperm into the female," Seviter says.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992794
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 05:07 pm
Smile Hi Monger, I only posted half the article and what you have looks like the remainder. :wink:
0 Replies