logarithms

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 05:39 am
can you help me with these logarithm problems?

5) how do you simplify the below expressions as much as possible. Logarithm is log to base 10
a) log A^2 + log B - log A - log B^2
b) 10 ^log A^2
c) 10^2*logQ
d) 10^-logP
e) [log A^2 - log A]/[log B - 1/2 log B]
f) 2 log alpha - 3 log B - (log alpha/2)
g) log (25)^1/4 base 5
h) log 8 base 2 + log 9 base 3 - log 216 base 6
i) log 1/32 base 2
j) log 9^1/3 base 3
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,426 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 06:33 pm
Hi Karen,

What have you tried so far? Perhaps if you take one of them and show your thought process some of the math wizards around here can help you out with it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:21 am
Hi Karen,

I would be happy to help you with these. I will not do them for you.

Let's start with the first one. I would suggest working with the terms that have the same variable. Pick two and post them here and we can talk our way through the problem.

When we get these, I have a great relevant math joke!
0 Replies

bongstar420

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 07:01 pm
So what math coarse is this from?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 07:09 am
ebrown_p... does the joke involve snakes?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:36 am
I was hoping to engage Karen in a discussion about the meaning of logs before telling this, but ...

-----
God told Noah to build an Ark. Noah did and, as God commanded, he put two kinds of every animal on board. The flood came and they spent 40 days on the Ark.

After the flood receded Noah set about the task of unloading all of the animals from the Ark. Following God's direction, as each pair of animals left the Ark Noah gave them the same command.

The two horses galloped off the gangplank and Noah said "Go forth and multiply!".

The two ducks waddled down the gangplank, and Noah said "Go forth and multiply!".

The two snakes slithered down the gangplank, and Noah said "Go forth and multiply".

But the snakes stopped and said "Noah, we can't multiply". "Why not?" asked Noah. "Because" the snakes hissed, "We are adders!."

Noah thought for a moment, then told the snakes not to move. He ran back into the Ark and got his tools. He then went out and cut down a couple of newly grown trees, and bould them together into a flat surface. This this surface he added four legs.

With his creation he went back to the snakes and said (even more dramatically)., "Go forth and multiply!!!". "But Noah," the snakes protested, "We told you we can't -- We're adders!".

"Yes you can!", replied Noah, "See, I have given you a log table."
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 02:01 am
Those are very good questions. If someone answers them before you do, they are not.
0 Replies

angryredplanet

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 08:22 pm
Awesome joke, ebrown_p!! I never heard that one before.

I know karen's homework was probably due long ago, but since I have taken it upon myself to explain the mysteries of the "1337" to the common people...

Do not expect "The Internet" to magically do your homework for you. We are living, breathing people just like you. And having someone else do your homework is called "cheating".

Cheating is wrong.

Cheat in school, and you are only cheating yourself out of an education. For god's sake, we ALREADY have enough stupid people running around. We don't need MORE!
0 Replies