I Am Not Meant to Have an Ipod

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
Someone stole my ipod out of my car....for the SECOND time.

My car was locked. I am 99.9% sure of it. It was either at work or at my daughters daycare. Those are the only two places I've driven my car since I last remember having it.

I am so pissed.

Seriously, what the fu*k?

Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@Bella Dea,
ohhhhhhh.... sorry Bella - that's just pants!

little crappers!
roger

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@Bella Dea,
I'm not meant to have one either. I'm not completely sure what it is, and darn sure I wouldn't know how to use one if I had it.
roger

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 12:34 pm
@Izzie,
I'm going to say that some day. "Hey, Bud, that's just pants". Hope I don't use it wrong, but by golly, I'm going to say it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 05:25 pm
@roger,
I bought one roger.

I was totally underwhelmed.

still not sure how to put those ear things in so they don't fall out constantly.

got it so I could listen to this alpha wave relaxation music I bought. The music was fine, the gizmo....? Not so much.

Let's start a "I'm not meant to have an ipod" political party.

McCain would be the first one to join.
eoe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 05:37 pm
I looooooove my ipod. I was born to have an ipod.
I'm so sorry about the break-in Bella. That sucks.
Buy another and don't leave it in the car.
chai2

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:34 pm
@eoe,
so how do you keep the ear thingies in your ear?
Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:36 pm
Was it out in the open/visible?
margo

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:00 pm
@chai2,
blu-tack in your ears???
Wy

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:11 pm
@chai2,
Push? I listen to music using my cell phone (it has a 2G removable chip), so I've never experienced iHeadphones. I bought a set by Koss that has soft covers -- kinda like earplugs -- that I squish and put in. They very gently expand in my ears. They're not enough to block all outside noise, just enough to channel the sound directly into the ear. And they don't fall out!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:50 pm
@chai2,
Get a set of 'ear-hook' headphones - loovely.

http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51649424/Ear_Hook_Headset.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:51 pm
@Bella Dea,
I've had two different model iRiver's stolen. Not giving up yet though. At least they get cheaper to replace.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:36 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

so how do you keep the ear thingies in your ear?

I don't know. I just stick them in and even during my workout, they stay. But I'm thinking about upgrading them. Bose?
hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:14 pm
@eoe,
Me an Chai2 must have earholes that don't meet ISO standards...
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:11 am
@Slappy Doo Hoo,
Quote:
Was it out in the open/visible?

No, that's the pisser. It was in my console.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:31 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

blu-tack in your ears???

My granddaughter suggested super glue.
mismi

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 08:30 am
@Foxfyre,
Some people are just mean. I put mine in the glove compartment and lock it. I always have trouble getting my door to lock. I have many times come back to my car to find that it was unlocked when I swore I locked it. IF I take the IPod - it goes in the glove compartment and is locked. I don't worry about my ITrip - it is a piece of crap. Wish someone would take it.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 09:03 am
@mismi,
Well, the granddaughter was just suggesting super glue to keep the ear pieces in my ears. What can I say. She gets her wierd sense of humor from her Grandma. Smile

But yes, I do know what you mean Mismi. I also know how angry and violated it feels to have something stolen from you, especially when they break in to steal it. I've had my billfold lifted out of my open purse by a transient when my back was turned at work--recovered a year later minus cash but everything else was intact. Then thieves stole my whole purse out of a shopping cart at the grocery store. That has never been recovered. Both times I had the headache of cancelling all the credit cards, etc., changing bank account numbers, and all the other stuff you have to do. Annoying, but a sense of being personally violated too. The feeling isn't much different any time sometimes steals however.

When I was still doing insurance claims work, I sat with many a homeowner getting information for their claim following a burglary. My heart really goes out to these people. You talk about feeling violated knowing that somebody breached your security and was pawing through your most personal stuff. Most of these people felt jumpy and/or their skin crawl for months and months after; many had trouble sleeping. Some sold their house when they couldn't shake those feelings. The thieves not only stole stuff but stole their sense of security, their peace of mind. There isn't any insurance for that.

Having a personal item stolen is on a smaller scale than that, but otherwise the feelings are similar.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:03 am
@Foxfyre,
I had an unusual and charming concrete sculpture of some kind of bull dog taken from my front porch back in northern California. Part of the tail was broken off; the thing had a certain patina of age and wear. It had been a gift. Oh, say it would fit into a cube max 12". It was visible to the street, but not very - more visible to me coming out my front door.

I'm still pissed about that and that happened at least five years ago, a small event when put in perspective, especially compared to breaking and entering. Grrrrr.
mismi

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:16 am
@ossobuco,
someone stole my video camera from my car one time. Had my babies pictures on the memory card and a video I had taken of them in one of our rare snow moments. -Wish they had been thoughtful enough to remove that stuff first. dammit - I am mad all over again.

1. Forums
  2. » I Am Not Meant to Have an Ipod
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:15:54