Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 10:50 am
I finally got the huge wood planter box 8' x 4' x 3' filled with soil so I could plant some flowers. The box's height is just right for me to be able to work the soil and install plants. Its height will prevent my pesky puppy, Maddy, from digging in the soil and killing the plants.

This raised planter box was built by my handiman, Henry, so that I could manage tending plants sitting down or standing instead of having to struggle with ground-level planting. Its is wonderful to be able to get my hands dirty in the soil again.

I installed 48 pansy plants in a variety of colors. I chose pansies after researching which annuals will over-winter in Albuquerque. Not many annuals survive the winter here.

---BumbleBeeBoogie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,682 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 03:24 pm
Are these the really giant pansies or the smaller guys? We grew 'em 1 year but haven't since (I'm not quite sure why not). Do you have to do anything special to help them survive the winter, like cover them or something?

PS Can you please post pics when they bloom?! :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 04:41 pm
Jespah
Jespah, no big expensive pansies, just cheap ones from Home Depot. How about the following in lieu of photos?

http://nicholenb83.tripod.com/pansy/

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 04:57 pm
LOL! Excellent! Dancing pansies!
0 Replies