august big, goliathon

gwen39

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 04:35 pm
help please, am having trouble with 35d.gain, 36d. couch potato, 53a.porky,
Iknow they are easy and Iwill kick myself and running late.
Also what have they done to this sight it's the pits,
Gwen39

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 04:45 pm
There are complaints galore about this new site, but some are pretty good at working with it. I've been here a week, and still struggling, but I'm an old geezer with not much grey matter that can learn new tricks.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 06:10 pm
@gwen39,
Hi Gwen39,

While you are reading this response, take a look to the left and note the Word Games link in the Tag box. Click on that link and you'll find your familiar list of word games on A2K. If you look at the Sort box near the top of the screen while you're looking at that list you'll see a variety of sorting options to make locating your topics easier.

We're still a bit under construction but hope to have the remodeling polished up very soon.

If you need further help, click on the able2know logo at the top of the page then find the able2know link in the box of tags and click on it. You'll find lots of helpful hints and info for navigating through the maze. It takes a bit to get used and the improvements that will soon be coming should help a lot.

Good luck with your game!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:47 am
@gwen39,
Hi gwen39

My entry has gone in and unfortunately I didn't keep a copies however I remember two of your queries because they have come up before.

36d = SLOB
53a = FUB

If you give me what you have for 35d, any letters and the length of the word I'll try to figure that one out as well. I have 40 words ranging from 3 to 12 letters for gain in my puzzle book.

Good Luck
gwen39

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:05 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks Dutchy, but that solves the problem I could only come up with fat for
porky but that wouldn't go with slob, other one is profit. Can't see me using this sight much now can't follow it Thanks for all you help Gwen 39
Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:13 am
@gwen39,
Hi Gwen39

Please persevere it is not as hard as you think, if you give me an e-mail address I can contact you on I will give you another solution.

Dutchy.
0 Replies