Stephanie Meyer Missing Title

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:17 pm
I just purchased Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse in hardcover from the book store. The silver title is missing from the jacket's front cover as well as the binding area. Has anyone heard of another such misprint on this book? How do I find out more info on it??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,479 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:00 pm
@Andkearns,
Huh I bet the publisher would have an idea. Try their site, although I'm unsure where to navigate on the site:
http://www.hachettebookgroupusa.com/
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:12 pm
@Andkearns,
I realize you just bought the book.....but I'm curious how good these books are. I read a couple of books a month (nothing crazy), are these any good?
emma-xx

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@Andkearns,
ive seen another book like that. but i didnt buy it. i cant find out any info about it on the internet or anything, this is the only thing ive found with any reference to a missing title. the book i found was a paper back though. i thought that if i bought it i might be able to sell it for lots of money, but it was too big a risk. can you tell me if you find out anything else about it?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:48 am
@maporsche,
Depends on who you are...they are for teens in my opinion. I liked them - but I wasn't reading them for intellectual fodder. Chai hated them - as did several others: http://able2know.org/topic/135603-1#post-3740088

Depends on what you are wanting from it I guess. I think it is a girly book to be honest. I can't imagine too many men thinking it was a good read.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 01:36 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I realize you just bought the book.....but I'm curious how good these books are. I read a couple of books a month (nothing crazy), are these any good?

they suck.

get the zombie survival guide.
very educational.
0 Replies

emma-xx

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 08:34 am
people stay on topic! this was questioning the missing titles! we weren't discussing how good the Twilight books are. go and start another discussion if you want to recommend the books.
maporsche

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 08:35 am
@emma-xx,
Geeze emma-xx, can't we all just get along?
emma-xx

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 06:56 am
@maporsche,
lol. im sorry... (for a reference i love the twilight books and can talk about them for ages)... but this book with the missing title just really annoys me! if only because this post is still the only thing ive found about it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 03:31 pm
@Andkearns,
I wonder if its just the publisher trying to save money from the production cost with this one particular (and later) edition/printing. I don't think they would send out "misprinted" books out to regular bookstores, perhaps Dollar stores or other severe discount retailers but not to the likes of Barnes and Nobles or Borders.
jespah

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 04:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
That I can answer to, as I work for 'em, and they are not going to willfully squander the massive amount of PR/good will they have gotten from that series. Sales are sales, whether to Amazon or Costco. The warehouse ships to either (and a lot of other places, including lots and lots of indies) and it's all (supposed to be) the same books.
0 Replies