Does yr fone fone people?

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:34 am
Does yr fone fone people?
Mine does. It calls my son in Dallas.
He's happy to hear from me.
I have no idea what he's talking about.

It calls my wife at 6:08 AM.
Right from the running lane in Central Park.
I do not know it has called her.
My phone (see? I do too know how to spell it.) has a big laugh on me as I try to explain
1) that I didn't know.
2) that YES 6:08, yes, that is a bad time to call a sleeping person
and
3) if I am ever calling to say I have been shot or stabbed or having a heart attack, I will leave a message.
Somehow.

Anyway, it got me to thinking, have any of you ever had any interesting adventures from either yr fone calling someone or theirs calling you?

Joe(the voyeur in me comes out now and again)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,090 • Replies: 12
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:57 am
I wear my phone hooked in my pocket. The other morning, I started my truck, then leaned over to roll the window, first down, then up, to clear the fog. The pressure created against the phone caused it to call my work partner. There I was, backing out, grooving to a Harry Belafonte CD, when Dan's voice could be heard over and over. Hello? Hello? Mr Edgar? Hello. Hello. I'm not smart enough to know why that happened.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:35 am
That used to happen to me until I learned to put the keys on lock. :wink:
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:50 am
Ifn you dont turn the sucker on it wont happen.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:52 am
dadpad wrote:
Ifn you dont turn the sucker on it wont happen.

Ya won't get any calls either.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:20 am
I have a flip phone. Never have a problem.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:38 am
my phone will often dial someone if it's in my pocket and I bend or lean into sometig. Then I have to convince someone I did notcall them.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:43 am
I haven't seen my phone in several months, I assume it's in the house somewhere.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:52 am
I'm often at the beginning of folk's contact list. I once received over 900 text messages from a coworker while he was doing woodworking one evening....
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
I used to have a Blackberry for work. There was no key lock, but you could change the security settings to not dial automatically.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:13 am
Hubby's phone calls me often. It's interesting to 'hear' the inside of his pocket as he goes about his day.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 11:42 am
That's cute, MBC! You can spy without setting out to be sneaky Wink

My phone called my brother- and sister-in-law at 1:30 a.m. one night, and they had two infant kids at the time, so that was waaaay past everyone's bedtimes. Plus, it called from a rock concert, and it was LOUD.

It wasn't till around 3 that I saw what had happened, so there was no way I could call and explain--I was really worried what they might have thought was happening to me; their phone ringing late at night, no reply from me to their "Hello?" and all sorts of screaming and yelling in the background! Since then I've learned to lock the keypad...

It is kinda cute when that happens, though--like your phone is just keeping itself busy, gettin' in touch with some folks while it has some downtime...
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 03:53 pm
cyphercat wrote:
That's cute, MBC! You can spy without setting out to be sneaky Wink

My phone called my brother- and sister-in-law at 1:30 a.m. one night, and they had two infant kids at the time, so that was waaaay past everyone's bedtimes. Plus, it called from a rock concert, and it was LOUD.

It wasn't till around 3 that I saw what had happened, so there was no way I could call and explain--I was really worried what they might have thought was happening to me; their phone ringing late at night, no reply from me to their "Hello?" and all sorts of screaming and yelling in the background! Since then I've learned to lock the keypad...

It is kinda cute when that happens, though--like your phone is just keeping itself busy, gettin' in touch with some folks while it has some downtime...

LOL - Cypher. I didn't think of it that way but yes I could be. The first time it happened I made a comment about how much pocket lint he had accumulated.

Now he has it set to only dial from voice recognition. Funny to hear him argue with it.

Hubby: "Call dad's cell."
Phone: "Call MBC home?"
Hubby: "No. Call dad's cell"
Phone: "Call Judy(sister) home?"
Hubby: *sigh* "No. Call dad.."

Funniest thing is they sound nothing alike and sometimes it will just dial without confirming. Silly phone with a mind of it's own. I have the same kind and it doesn't give me any of those problems.
0 Replies