Lion Snatches 70 lb Dog From Owner's Bedroom

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm
IDLEDALE, CO -- The owners of a dog killed by a mountain lion in the foothills outside Denver say the big cat entered through an open door of their house as they slept.
Mack and Jacquie Anderson say they awoke early Monday to a commotion in their bedroom, where their two dogs were also sleeping.
Jacquie Anderson said she exclaimed to her husband that there was a mountain lion in the room. She believes that led the animal to run back out the door with their 12-year-old Labrador, Scout, in its mouth. The dog weighed about 70 pounds.
The dog's body was found nearby and wildlife authorities killed the mountain lion yesterday when it returned for the dog's body. Mountain lions often stash their kills and return for them later.

And that's da troof.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,562 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:25 pm
Re: Lion Snatches 70 lb Dog From Owner's Bedroom
edgarblythe wrote:
And that's da troof.

Edgar, you know that you and I are the only ones that believe in this stuff. Apparently, some believe that we are "lying sacks of sh!t".

Quite frankly, I'm still deeply shocked by this accusation. It's completely unfounded.

By the way, have you seen my lasagne story? :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:40 pm
I saw it, but didn't have a good enough reply in mind to post it. I have planted about four or five bogus stories, but mostly gave clues, such as attributing the stories to Roiters news service, which does not exist. It was only a spriggin joke or three. But, this lion is a serious news item. Imagine if that was your dog being treated like a pork chop.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 10:00 pm
I suggest not leaving your doors open if you live in mountain lion country...

:wink:
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 11:55 pm
to bad they didnt have a gun handy.

i mean guns are bad! EVEIL USELESS ITEMS FOR PEOPLE WHO ROB AND STEAL!!

!!!111!!one!!!11 3712871(*&&*(&798
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 04:49 am
In the dark, shooting? They could have killed the other dog, or the wife, or husband.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 11:27 am
ACAPULCO, Mexico -- A Mexican woman says she fought a 500-pound lion with a machete near Acapulco
Celsa Aleman said she and her 7-year-old niece were riding a donkey Monday along a road when the lion went after the animal's legs.
The 35-year-old woman said she found the courage to fight the lion because she thought it would attack her niece.
She said sh ehit the animal with a machete until the beast ran away and Aleman and her niece were unharmed.
The state government said in a statement that the lion had escaped from a private zoo owned by a former local congressman. It said the animal killed two dogs and ate a pig before it was sedated and taken back to the zoo.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 12:14 pm
what a brave woman.

i need a girl like that.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 01:52 pm
Re: Lion Snatches 70 lb Dog From Owner's Bedroom
edgarblythe wrote:
IDLEDALE, CO -- The owners of a dog killed by a mountain lion in the foothills outside Denver say the big cat entered through an open door of their house as they slept.
Mack and Jacquie Anderson say they awoke early Monday to a commotion in their bedroom, where their two dogs were also sleeping.
Jacquie Anderson said she exclaimed to her husband that there was a mountain lion in the room. She believes that led the animal to run back out the door with their 12-year-old Labrador, Scout, in its mouth. The dog weighed about 70 pounds.
The dog's body was found nearby and wildlife authorities killed the mountain lion yesterday when it returned for the dog's body. Mountain lions often stash their kills and return for them later.

And that's da troof.

Totally badass.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 05:25 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
[...] The state government said in a statement that the lion had escaped from a private zoo owned by a former local congressman. [...]

I say sue the bugger!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 08:02 pm
I say feed him to the lions.
0 Replies