Man Calls 911: No Sauce on Subway Sandwich

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 02:38 pm
I beat reyn to this, fair and square.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville police say Reginald Peterson needs to learn that 911 is not the appropriate place to complain that Subway left the sauce off a spicy Italian sandwich.
Police said the 42-year-old man dialed 911 twice last week so he could have his sub made correctly. The second call was to complain that officers weren't arriving fast enough.

Subway workers told police Peterson became belligerent and yelled when they were fixing his order. They locked him out of the store after he left to call police.

When officers arrived, they tried to calm Peterson and explain the proper use of 911. Those efforts failed, and he was arrested on a charge of making false 911 calls.

Peterson did not have a listed phone number.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
Yes, you did, indeed!

You mean a sauceless sub is not an emergency? Who knew?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
When I worked in a motel, a guest (drunk) called the police because he couldn't get HBO and Showtime on the television.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:09 pm
Heh, I remember a similar story about a woman in a Burger King doing the same thing because they couldn't make her Western Burger right.

They live and breed among us.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:15 pm
A friend of mine is really into the Civil War reenactments (I know) he said one of the most common questions people ask about the Civil War is: "Why did all of the battles take place in national parks?"

No, it's not a 911 call, but it's along the same lines.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:42 pm
At a party one time my buddy decided it would be hilarious to call 9-11, shout "Bring the bodybags!" into the phone, and hang up. It wasn't so hilarious when they actually showed up at the door. Wait, that's not entirely true. It wasn't hilarious to him, but it was hilarious to us to watch him get his dumb ass chewed out by the police.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:36 pm
Sure, Gala. Lady at Mesa Verde National Park wanted to know why they built the cliff dwellings so far from the highway.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
I was looking over an old typewriter in an office once, and one of the other employees asked me if i knew how old it was. I opened the case and looked at the address, and then said: "Well, it was purchased before 1959, because there's no zip code on the address of the store." A young woman who worked there answering the phone actually looked shocked and said: "I didn't know there was a time before zip codes!" So i asked what she thought George Washington's zip code was and she just said she didn't know, something in Virginia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
George's zip code had to be 1.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:07 pm
At least she knew enough to connect George with the Commonwealth of Virginia--although i rather doubt that she knows that Virginia is a commonwealth and what that means.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:15 pm
I knew a guy so stupid, he grabbed the hand rail of a box car that was going too fast. He was flipped and rolled alongside the train quite a distance, almost under the wheels at one point. Then he shied off into the bushes, where he lay, hollering, "Oh oh oh." His back pack had kept him from landing solidly on the gravel, and in fact kept him from getting shredded by the big chunks of it. He lay, unscathed, wondering if he was or was not hurt. The dummy's name was edgarblythe.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:16 pm
kickycan wrote:
At a party one time my buddy decided it would be hilarious to call 9-11...

Oops. I wrote 9-11 instead of 911. Force of habit. Sorry.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
You're a better man than i, EB. I don't intend to canvas my youthful indiscretions.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 05:26 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
[...] The dummy's name was edgarblythe.

That's impossible! Unless it happened after 5 Nov 2002. :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:12 pm
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1491/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1491R-1016187.jpg
Mr. Peterson, distraught, telling the Jacksonville police
about his sauceless sandwich. Unfortunately, he didn't
change his shirt with the stain on it for AP photographer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:22 pm
Reyn wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

What can I say? I'm a lying sack of ****.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Reyn wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

What can I say? I'm a lying sack of ****.

What? No way! :wink:

By the way, I added the photo of Mr. Peterson to help illustrate your story. It brings more life to it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:38 pm
Is that the real Peterson, or are you also being a lying sack of ****?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:38 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Is that the real Peterson, or are you also being a lying sack of ****?

How long have we known each other? I'm shocked that you would even question the accuracy of my reporting. Very Happy

Of course, I have possibly (maybe, sometimes) been known to take editorial license on some stories. Only for the purposes of illustration and to make things a lot clearer.

As I said in the one thread, and I'm going to quote myself:
Reyn wrote:
[...]Facts can be but mere potential goal posts in the journey of life and subject to one's point of view.[...]

How's that for a disclaimer? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:41 am
It works for me. As for me, I have reformed. I will only post original writing in the designated forum and once in awhile in the politics. Then if they say I am a fibber, it is they who will in truth be prevaricating liars.
0 Replies