Night Owl

Jim

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:09 am
I wish I could swap with you. I have to get up at 4 AM for my job, and start conking out every night at about 8.

The problem is the weekends. Sleeping in until 530 or 6 is a big treat for me, but the missus doesn't see it that way.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:13 am
EileenM wrote:
I know how you mean... But lately I've been doing a lot of art. Makes the time fly by. And while I'm on here I can check out the art forum as well! Boy, some of those guys over there can really inspire you!

hello EileenM - yes please join in on the arts threads -welcome
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 03:03 pm
I'm lucky enough at the moment not to have a certain hour I have to get up since my job is here at home, but in 2 years all that is going to change and I'm going to have to learn to be a day person. Good thing is that the job I'm thinking of doing gives me 3 months off in the winter.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 03:34 pm
hoot hoot, t'wit t'woo from the top branch of my tree
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
hoot hoot, t'wit t'woo from the top branch of my tree
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 03:59 pm
That's me :-D
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:01 pm
what career are you concidering?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:09 pm
Just working in one of our local lobster shops. I've been in deep thought for a few years now on what I intended to do with my career after I'm finished home schooling my son and I've come realize that I'd be far more content with a no brainer job, since all my previous jobs were either hard on the head or the nerves. I was thinking about starting another business, but the headaches arent worth it at this point in my life. I'm all relaxed now and figured I'd like to keep it that way ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:11 pm
In case you don't know my history, I grew up in the Boston area and moved to Canada a little over 3 years ago.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:28 pm
Is there a no-brainer job where one can earn reasonable money?

My back wouldn't cope with waitressing now!

But - I have a love/hate relationship with my job - on the one hand, it is good to be stretched to your intellectual and emotional limits all the time - on the other hand - it is BAD to be stretched to your emotional limits all the time!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:36 pm
Deb, we all need light and shade in our jobs. Pressure, routine and the same old stuff whacks you pretty quick.
With your wit and humor you could take the world by storm. Just make sure you're waterproofed.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 04:47 pm
dlowan wrote:
Is there a no-brainer job where one can earn reasonable money?

My back wouldn't cope with waitressing now!

But - I have a love/hate relationship with my job - on the one hand, it is good to be stretched to your intellectual and emotional limits all the time - on the other hand - it is BAD to be stretched to your emotional limits all the time!

With the job I have in mind, I'll get by comfortably. My house is paid, my car is paid, so I don't need all that much to be happy. As long as I have enough to pay the bills with a few bucks left in my pocket every week, I'm happy.

The job is not waitressing, it's working in a shop.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:10 pm
Montana, do you mind me asking, have you previously done shop work?

Part-time may be not so bad but full time can be a killer. I was a butcher working full time, although the job itself was heavy, being on your feet all day behind a counter was murder. I worked in very busy shops and times I thought my legs were going to buckle.
But a small shop probably be OK as long as it doesn't get too busy. :wink:
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:23 pm
I cant handle no brainer jobs I need a constant challenge or I go nutz.
0 Replies

smokingunne

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:30 pm
There are many "no brainer jobs" that are more than a challenge. :wink:
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:31 pm
name 3 please.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 06:36 pm
Most of the work I've done consisted of labor work on my feet through my whole shifts. I worked nights in a payroll company putting reports together to get ready to ship, worked nights in at baybank running the laser printers, I waitressed when I was in my teen, I was a general contractor, did siding & roofing, bartended for 5 years, did bookkeeping, payroll, and was a taxi owner. The shop work here consist of various jobs where sometimes you're standing and sometimes you're sitting. I need to scope things out before I make a choice though. I would love to have a stay at home job doing work from my computer, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a telecommuting job here that doesn't consist of sales or telemarketing. My main problem is that the winters are very snowy and long making it impossible for me to get out at times, which is why I'm looking to be home during those worst 3 months of the year.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 01:03 am
Another night owl, checking in late. What else? Since I started working at home, my internal clock took over. I'm up all night and asleep all day.

I need two days notice if I have to do something during the day. I need time to shift my hours around.

I recently worked part time in an office for a while. I felt like I was suffering from jet lag. But the money was too good to pass up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 02:30 am
I hear ya Roberta. You sound just like me. I'd love to find a job working at home, so I won't have to suffer with a day job. When I worked days, I found that I would only start to wake up when my shift was over and I had a very hard time sleeping at night, so the average 4 hours sleep didn't do me any good at all.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 04:28 am
I couldn't do a no brainer job. When I first started doing shift work, we had a new plant with lots of problems. I was learning a lot and the work was very stimulating. 10 years later when the plant was running like clockwork, all we had to do was replace light globes and reset circuit breakers. Great for profits, but the boredom nearly drove me nuts.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Night Owl
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 09:21:00