TV converter Box...Help!

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:51 pm
I have a dual-TV Dishnetwork satellite receiver. With this system, the main location functions hardwired to the TV (newer 32" LCD digital). The second location is on another floor and uses radio frequency / cable conncetion to send the "Dish" signal to it I must keep that TV set on channel 60 to work). That TV is analog and it works fine now. In anticipation of the change next February to Digital, I went through the coupon program and purchased a Digital to Analog converter box. I followed the directions for the converter box at that location, but it doesn't work. I get on screen information saying it isn't programed or connected correctly. I tried everything the converter instructions told me to do. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 641 • Replies: 2
No top replies

parados

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:56 pm
It sounds like you don't need the converter box.

TV stations are changing their broadcast signals to digital. You are getting your signal from your own radio broadcast. You are not changing your signal to digital so you have no need for a converter.

Unless you are getting local stations over the air and not through your dish system, ditch the converter and everything should work just as it always have.
0 Replies

High Tech numbskull

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 01:35 pm
Much appreciated. Thanks!
0 Replies